Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11

Today is 11-11-11 and while that may seem like a really neat day to you, it's a really special to me because it's my 11th wedding anniversary!!  Yes 11-11-11 is my 11th anniversary!!!  How cool is that??

This is my second installment of my trying to post every Friday!!  Hey, two in a row is good for me!!  We had a pretty quiet week but got a lot done.  We studied about the end of the Ice Age and how the people spread out after the climate changed.  We also finished our study on the arctic tundra in science and began studying the cactus desert.  We're moving on to studying Egypt, so the desert study will go great with that.  We made clay maps of the area where people first settled after the Flood, near the Tigris and Euphrates rivers and added water to the lakes and rivers and put ice cubes where the great wall of ice was.  It was pretty cool.  We finished our book "All of a Kind Family".  It was a cute story and really gave you a sense of what life was like for a Jewish family living in New York City in the early 1900's.  I wasn't always in agreement with the parenting that occurred in it, but I used that as a opportunity to talk to the kids about how they are supposed to act in different situations.  Overall it was a nice school week.

I tried a new recipe this week, Beef and Broccoli over rice.  Sort of what you might get at a chinese take out restaurant.  It needs some tweaking but it was pretty good.  We'll have it again.

We're 29 weeks pregnant today!  I got my results from my glucose test and I'm negative for Gestational Diabetes.  That's good!!  I'm also not anemic.  So those were nice to get.  We bought our little girl the cutest little sleeper last night.  It was from Target.  They're carrying a Disney line now and this one is themed Alice in Wonderland.  It's very cute.  Preparations for her arrival are going pretty well.  We got the bunk bed set up in Joshua's room, so Abby can sleep in there if she needs to, if the baby is waking up a lot.  She and Abby will be sharing a room (and Abby is SOOOO excited about it!!!).  We also got Noah a new desk from Ikea since we had to take his other one out to put up the bunk bed.  It's very nice, though my hands were sore from putting in all the screws!!!  We'll hopefully get the crib and set it up in the next few weeks, we already bought the bedding set.  It matches Abby's owl theme.  I'm hoping to get some freezer cooking done in the next few weeks, so we have some meals ready to go when she arrives. I also need to organize all of the kids clothes that I pulled out at the end of summer.  You know, the ones that no longer fit them.  I save about 75% of their clothes and keep them organized in bins in the basement.  I need to get that done again.  It's coming in handy, now that we have our "2nd generation" of kids coming along!

Well I"m off to wash the sheets today and do some quick cleaning before we go visit my parents.  Have a great week!!

No comments: