Friday, July 17, 2009

This and That

Summer is flying by!!  We're having tons of fun and getting things done for Poppy's big arrival.  

My to do list is still pretty lengthy but here's some of it:

Clean unfinished space in basement
Clean carpets
Finish organizing playroom
Tackle mountain of paperwork
Clean out refrigerator and all freezers
Straighten garage
Make freezer meals for after baby arrives
Clean out laundry room
Plan for 8 weeks of homeschooling
Finalize our homeschool schedule
Deep clean the van
Finish plan for Abby's party (it's already scheduled for somewhere outside of our home, just need to do food and decor plan)

Those are the big ones.  The things I"ve already gotten done include:

Put together and set up baby furniture
Make baby registry
Clean and reorganize kids rooms
Go through old baby clothes and pull out what I want to use for Poppy
Wash and hang up all of Poppy's clothes
Come up with boy and girl names for Poppy (finally done!!)
Finish ordering all homeschool curriculum for next year
Have the kids assessment's done
Write out next year's notification letters and sample curriculum and book lists
Send in all forms for homeschooling
Take a big load of things to Goodwill
Put together stroller and carseat
Set up new playroom
Catch up on coupons (I was behind 5 weeks, it took 6 hours last Sunday, but I got it done!!)
Get Mt.Laundry down to a reasonable level
Begin plannning Abby's party and schedule it (her Birthday is only 8 days before the due date!!)
Have fun with the kids!!  (We just went to the Beach yesterday!!)

I still have 11 weeks to complete my list (unless Poppy arrives early!!) so I should be able to get it all done.  This week has been our first of two weeks "off" from school.  We're only taking two weeks off and then getting started on our next years curriculum.  Next week is VBS.  The kids will be there from 9 to 12 all week and I'm planning to use that time to sit at a restaurant (Panera, Chick Fil A, etc..) and plan our 8 weeks of schooling.  I'm actually excited about that.  I get really excited during the planning stages.  It's so fun to see ahead into what we're going to be learning and the fun things we're going to do with it.  I'm just planning 8 weeks worth for now and then after the baby comes, we'll decide when we're going to start again and I'll plan more then.  

We still have lots of fun things planned for the summer including another Reds game (Noah also won the Step up to the Mike contest and will get to announce a batter for the Reds!!) and a Kings Island trip with my family.  I'm also having 2 baby showers next month which I'm very excited about!!  With all this going on, I know the time before we get to meet Poppy will go very quick and I'm both happy and sad about that.  I cannot wait to meet this little one and see what they look like and if they're boy or girl of course, but I also love being pregnant and hate to see that come to and end.   But only the Lord knows if this will be my last pregnancy, as we've decided to leave that in His hands now (He knows way better than we do), so maybe I'll get to do it all over again.  

Well I better go tackle something on my to do list now.  I'm just doing a clean up day today, so I'm off to the family room!  Have a good day!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You have gotten a lot accomplished already! I know you will get your list done. :)

We have bible school next week and I am looking so forward to those 3 hours of ME time!!

I am so excited for the arrival of poppy! I can't wait to find out if it is a Poppyor a Pophe! ha ha

Post a pregnancy shot so we can see your glowingness, if you are comfortable doing so. I can't be there to see your gorgeous self, so I have to rely on pics!

Hope that Reds game is fun. I bet Noah is excited!! That is really cool!

Great to see a new post!