Sunday, May 29, 2011

The post in which I explain how I survived!


 Hi, I'm Jamie and I survived the climb up this!!  It's the Bunker Hill (actually called Breed's Hill) monument in Boston.  It was 294 steps of out of breathness, leg achiness and children pushiness.  But I did it!!  I went with just Noah and Abby.  Daddy (that lucky nut) was sitting with a sleeping Joshua in the car.  The kids were nothing if not mean about my slow ascent.  I mean come on, it's a lot of steps.  Once we hit 100, I made them stop every 25 for a quick breather!!  Abby told me going down I wasn't allowed to stop.  But I did.  It's hard going down too!! We did get a great view of the city from up there (even if it was rainy and foggy) although there was a huge drain in the center of the floor up at the top that scared me to death and I would not let the kids go near it!! (It dropped allllll the way down!!).  I had wiggly jello legs afterwards but I was glad we did it.  My legs however were furious!!  So much so that for the next few days if I wanted to even step up on a curb, I paid for it!!  So here's some pics of the view and the kids at the top.








Just to give more appreciation for how tall it is, I took this picture as we drove past on the highway.  It's tall!!

No comments: