Sunday, March 16, 2008

A post for all posts

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. Life's just been kind of going on and I just haven't taken any time to post any of it. We're getting ready for Easter. I bought our eggs today to boil and decorate. I have Abby's dress and I need to get a sweater vest I saw at Children's Place for Noah and then they'll be ready. Steve's had to travel alot lately, but that's over now. It hasn't been too bad. I really don't mind it so much now, just because I have such a busy life, the time goes by quick. I finally finished a workbook I was making for the kids in their schooling. I just really wanted to make sure they got some basic Geography lessons in before the end of the year, so we're studying different biomes: tundra, desert, rainforest, etc.., the continents and the oceans. Noah is learning cursive. It's kind of a slow process in the workbooks, but he likes learning it. Abby only has about 25 more reading lessons and then according to the book she'll be reading at a second grade level. She's really doing tremendous there. I'm so relieved!!

We made our first snowman in the big snow last week. He was cute, but didn't last very long. I loved having all that snow. I was sad when it left.




I've gotten some great deals lately and this is a picture of what CVS paid me $10 to take today!!



6 Dove Shampoos or Conditioners
1 Dove BodyWash
5 Lady Speedstick Deoderants
1 Maybelline lipgloss
10 Glade Air Fresheners
1 Venus Embrace Razor
2 Boxes of Hersheys Pot of Gold Chocolates
2 Bags of Jelly Beans
2 Bags of Plastic Easter Eggs
1 PAAS Egg Decorating Kit

I paid $.39 in cash and $34 in ECB's and got back $44 in ECB's so I made a little under $10!! I could've made more if I split the orders up more but I had a $15 ECB I had to spend in one order because it expires on Tuesday. I got up early and went before church! I thought I did pretty well!


Well that's about it for now. I hope everyone has a great week!! Here's one more pic from Disneyland, it's from California Adventure when we met Chip and Dale at a Disney Visa Meet and Greet. They took turns dancing with Abby, it was so cute!!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I love the snowman!!! Too cute!!! Wow, that is awesome that Abby is doing such a great job on reading.....that truly is a relief when you know they can read!!! Congratulations teacher!!! ha ha And congrats to Abby too!

Your CVS deal looks great! I got some great deals today too but I did mess up one order!! Oh well, trial and error I guess. I didn't realized that I had already done certain deals that you can only do once........oops. I made up for it though!!! I love it when you post your deals!

Carrie said...

The snowman is too cute. I love the scarf!

I love the pics of Chip and Dale too! Very cute. I love chipmunks.

Great deals at CVS. I really need to learn how to do that.

Char said...

Awww, the kids look adorable in their snow clothes! Nice snowman too. Chip and Dale are so fun sometimes. It's so fun when the characters play with you.
Good deals!

Anonymous said...

well look at you and your deals. la ti da! I wish I had time! I am so swamped though.

I love the snowman too but I was thrilled the snow left..bye bye snow...don't come back please.

I am ready for a serious trip to central ohio in a couple of weeks. i need a break from my life. I might even need a hotel night. i am dead tired all the time.

I noticed that my pantry is seriously going down. I love it because i am using my food but scared that I won;t be able to fill it back up on such a low amount of money.

I have to check my ecb's.....no idea when they expire. i foudn a dead one for 5 bucks yesterday that was a month dead...oh well.

I bet this has a million typos..not checking