Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day


The cemetary was beautiful today. So many colors of flowers and so many American flags. If it wasn't a cemetary, I'd love to spend the day there! Maybe even have a picnic! We arrived just as the Memorial Day parade had ended with a walk through this particular cemetary and they had lined the streets with big flags that we got to drive through. It was so moving. My grandmother's headstone is in. It was so hard to see her name on it. The kids were so sweet. They hugged me and just stood there quietly with me for a few minutes. That was nice. We brought two little arrangements of yellow roses for her. Each kid chose where to put one. She loved yellow roses the best. There were already some there. There were lots of other really pretty arrangements too. It was very beautiful.


We visited family also today. It was a nice day. I'm very blessed.

The picture is of Abby and my Grandma this past Christmas. I really miss her.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Thinking of you with love.

SamandSawyersMom said...

Wow, it sounds so pretty with all the flags and stuff. I also find yellow roses so lovely. Hope you are doing okay. I remember my grandma passing and the pain like it was yesterday. Now, i think of her and I don't feel as sad but still I miss her. Time will help, it will.

Lura said...

I think you should have had a picnic in the cemetary! Who care what others think. They are usually nice quiet places with big shade trees. Sonya is right, time does help. Two of my grandparents died in the past year and 1/2. I just try to remember how thankful I am that my kids got to know them (my other two died before they were born), that they were great grandparents and that I had them for so long. We have lots and lots of good memories and I'm sure you do too!