Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thoughts on his first birthday

I can't believe we're here...celebrating this boy...this joy....
Giving him his favorite meal to munch while...
Those who helped us get through his rough start play in our yard and chat in our home...

The kids who made sure our days were always filled with laughter....play, hop and race....

Smiles and happiness are now the norm, as we finally wave goodbye to uncertainties and worry....


Jumping for joy? Maybe, but probably just jumping for fun...

Celebrating and playing, that's what it's all about....


Soooo awfully thankful for this beautiful little guy....and giving him time to swing, something he loves...

His own special cake, made by Mommy, that he doesn't have to share.....

The other cakes for our loved ones, a small thank you for all they've done this past year...


Couldn't for the life of me, believe we'd make it to this point...the days were so long and hard...yet now here we are...blowing out the candles on the cake....a dream

He begins daintily, just taking bits of icing off the top....

Then the shoveling begins....
Sure to get every bit in his mouth....

Savoring every bite....

I watch as he continues to eat and eat and eat...trying myself to savor this moment, not just for the yumminess of the cake, but the yumminess of the day and of the celebration and of this special boy....

We did it!!!
If anyone was ever deserving of a few sweet gifts....

It's my sweet, courageous boy....

I hope he enjoys them all and someday realizes how much of a gift he is to us....to me...to Daddy...to Noah...to Abby...to all of his loving and supportive family...Praising God for this gift and of the gift of all my children, I am so undeserving, yet He has blessed me three times over with these sweet, sweet babies....Thank you God, Thank you family, Thank you Joshua....

We made it baby!! The days we missed (September 10th - December 23rd) are about to begin again...I'll finally get to show you the beauty of fall and pumpkins, and apples, and Thanksgiving...things I so desperately wanted to show you last year. Now's my chance...so get ready..I. know I am!!
Happy First Birthday Joshua!! We love you so much!!

1 comment: