Monday, August 30, 2010

Arboretum Hopping

Well we're getting really close to a certain someones first birthday and the house is all abuzz with activity preparing for that. For some reason I decided to go crazy and do a major "fall cleaning" and have cleaned out and organized every nook and cranny in this house. Now I just have a bit more putting away to do and then some basic cleaning and we'll be all ready for the party. It's not too much left really. We've donated about 8 large moving size boxes of stuff and 6 kitchen size garbage of clothes and thrown away about 12 large lawn size garbage bags of things. And yet we still have tons of stuff!! Oh well, it's good to pare down! I wonder if it's possible that I'm somehow unconsciously doing the nesting that I missed out on last year due to resting with the high blood pressure and then Joshua's early birth. Hmmm, I wonder.

Well anyway, I just thought I'd share some photos from our recent field trips to two different arboretums. We were doing a short study on Johnny Appleseed and I thought it would be fun to visit some arboretums and try to remember what it was like when walking through the forests was the mode of transportation!! So here's some photos!

PS I forgot the "real" camera, so these were taken via Iphone. My regrets.



Joshua hung out in the Ergo carrier at the first stop.



At our second stop, there was an awesome (and free!!) butterfly house. There were so many butterflies in there, it was crazy!


They also had several different ponds, full of turtles! So cool. We loved the second one so much that we brought Daddy back about a week later and spent a Saturday morning there! We'll definitely be visiting there a lot!

No comments: