Thursday, August 19, 2010

Our Family Tree

This is a little project of mine that I had wanted to do for some time now. I had been thinking for quite some time, about what I could put above our front door to fill in the space, as there is a lot of space there to fill. So I knew I wanted to make a family tree with our names on it, but I wasn't sure how I was going to do it. Paint it? Cut it out of paper? I could never decide. And then one day we were in Kohl's and I found two different vinyl sticker sets that I combined to create this. The tree and birds (three birds for three kids) was one and the saying was the other. I then printed all of our names (first and middle) onto vellum and cut them out in a leaf pattern and attached them to the tree. I am very pleased with it. It's exactly what I wanted, but didn't exactly know how to accomplish it! And below is a picture to give you an idea of where exactly it's located.