Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 31 - One Month Old!!

Today is day 31 of Joshua's life and hospital stay, which leaves us 75 days until Christmas and his hopeful homecoming. He is now a month old. He's gone from a newborn to a one month old! He's up to about 9 pounds 7 ounces now. He's getting 14ml per hour of formula in his lower portion now, which is halfway to max feed and he's getting 3ml per hour of breastmilk into his belly. He's had a few issues with vomiting lately, but they've x-rayed and checked him and everything inside is fine, he just may not be used to having food in his belly and is adjusting to that. He does have quite a bit of reflux as well, so that could be contributing to the problem too. He's been getting Zantac in his iv liquid feeds for awhile now, so he's not feeling too much discomfort. He is having longer and longer alert and awake times now. He's going up to about 3 hours of awakeness at a time now and then sleeping 2-4 hours between. He's been sleeping most of the night and only waking for short periods and when the nurses come and bother him. Overall, he's doing really well and is continuing to gain weight and heal. He's a very strong boy.

Steve and I switched places this weekend and I'm home during the day and he's with the baby and then I go to the hospital in the evenings. Yesterday Steve's Mom took the kids and I to Lowe's so we could do another build and grow. They made a ball toss game. We were glad that they were able to do that. They love making those things.

So today I'm typing while I watch the Bengals with the kids. I have dinner already made, it's chili in the crock pot. I have my 2nd load of laundry in the dryer and that's all for the day. I need to write the kids assignments for the week on their white boards and do the dishes. I also need to pump 2 more times before I go to the hospital tonight. I'm showered!! Woo-hoo!! I also want to pick up the trash around here if I have time. I also like to get my clothes and lunch ready ahead of time for the next day, so I'll do that before I leave since I'll be home late tonight and then have to get up early tomorrow.

Here's two pics of Noah and Abby from yesterday's build and grow. I think they look so cute!! But I think they all 3 look cute!! Joshua's picture shows the first outfit I bought when we first found we were pregnant. I think it's super cute and I love that it says I love Mommy!!! Daddy thinks it's a little girly though. Oh well, I love it anyway!!



That's it for today. More to come soon!!


1 comment:

Char said...

Cute, like always!
He is growing and changing so much. He looks so much like his siblings! It's really very sweet.
MMM Zantac - NOT! That stuff tastes nasty. It's a good thing he can't taste it.
Abby and Noah are very cute! All your kids are, of course!!
Take care.