Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 42 - We Have a Date!!

Today is day 42 of Joshua's life which leaves 64 days until Christmas and Joshua's homecoming. I bought him two new sleepers and this picture shows my favorite. I love how the sleeves are different, so it looks layered. I also love how it's not just ordinary baby colors. I love it. He however doesn't really care!! He's sitting in the swing and it was nighttime when I took the picture and he was not happy about me flashing him with the camera!! He needs to get used to it, it doesn't ever stop, just ask Noah and Abby!!


So the big news today is that we got a date for the surgery!! We are scheduled for Monday November 30 at 12:30pm. That's the Monday after Thanksgiving. I'm so excited about it! It just feels so much sooner saying it's in November than December, even though I realize it's the last day of November. So that means we only have 38 days until surgery and then we have 25 days afterwards to heal and make it home by Christmas. His surgeon is still very confident that we'll make that deadline. I hope he's right!


The medical update for the day is that he's over 10 pounds now, weighing in at 10 pounds 3 ounces!! Last night he vomited a lot, so they decided to temporarily suspend the feedings into the top portion. They believed his vomiting was because he was having a backup in the intestines since he didn't have the tube in there anymore. So this morning, the surgeons stopped by and put the tube back in and immediately got rid of lots of stuff that had been stuck in there. He's supposed to be starting the feeds back up sometime this evening. So with that going on, we couldn't do any mouth feeds either by bottle or breast. Maybe tomorrow or the next day. He's lower feeds were increased to 26ml and he still seems to be handling that part well. The surgeons and neonatologists are very clear that they're not really concerned about the problems he's having at the top. They believe it can all be fixed either by waiting now, or during the surgery. So I'm trying not to worry either, but it's hard when your baby has been vomiting bright green and yellow. It's just not something I'm used to. But I'm trying to listen to them and keep their expertise in mind.


Well that's mostly it for now. I need to go, the water is boiling for spaghetti and the kids are hungry (so is Mom!!). Here's a picture from the Meijer pumpkin patch. I bet if I didn't tell you, you wouldn't know it was at Meijer!! Such cuties!!


2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the pumpkin picture!! No one would know it was Meijer if you didn't say. It is so cute!

I think Joshua looks like he loves his outfit. I am sure he is quite the fashionista at this age! :)

I am glad you have a date and it is a November date! That is wonderful news!

I am a picture taking maniac. Ask anyone. I love having a record of the kids and the things they do. My sister doesn't take pics of her girls, so I do throughout the year and then I give them albums for Christmas. They love it!
I hope that you have a wonderful night!
Hugs to all your kiddos and to you!

Char said...

Cute picture! You can't even tell. ;)
Joshua is adorable! It's been really nice to see him grow and thrive. I tend to be a crazy photo lady too - so is my husband, a man though, not a lady. hehe.
I'm glad his surgery is scheduled. Atleast now you have a date and know you are no longer not knowing. I think not knowing is the worst feeling to have. Especially when it involves your kids.
Have a great week!