Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 79 - Last Pre-Surgical Post

Today is day 79 of Joshua's life and hospital stay, which leaves just 27 days until Christmas and his homecoming. We have just one more day until surgery!!


Joshua is still doing well. He got a blood transfusion today. They wanted him to be nice and full for the loss he's sure to have during surgery. It'll help him get through the surgery easier and heal faster. He got a total of 120ml of blood today. So with all the extra blood he gained a few ounces of weight! He weighed about 12 pounds 6 ounces tonight. He got his PICC line put in yesterday. They gave him some medicine to make him sleepy and it worked! He slept through most of that procedure. I was so glad to hear that. I let Daddy be there for that procedure, I just didn't want to witness another procedure that upset him. So I think he's all ready to go now. He'll go NPO tomorrow night (nothing by mouth) which may make him a bit cranky, but hopefully he'll just sleep through it.


This will probably be my last post until after the surgery. Tomorrow is pretty busy for me. I'll be at the hospital in the morning and then I have to finish packing the kids for their stays with family next week, and then take Abby to cheerleading. But I just wanted to give a quick update before the big day. I'll take my computer to the hospital Monday so I can update it as much as I can. I can't believe it's finally here!! My baby's belly will be back to normal. Oh I can't wait to see it.


Here's a couple of pictures from Thanksgiving. Abby and Noah had dinner twice. Once with me at my Mom and Dad's and then later with Daddy at his Mom's house. It was weired being split up like that, but it was nice to see all of my family. Seeing them sort of gives me a little emotional boost and I needed it. Joshua was wearing his little "My First Thanksgiving" outfit. It was very cute on him of course!! He had 3 turkeys on it, just like I have 3 turkeys!!
Well please pray for our little baby and his team of doctors and nurses. And for us. And for Noah and Abby. This is what we've been waiting for, for soooooooo long. And I'm just praying that everything goes well and as planned. Thank you all so much.


Oh and I just wanted to add, if anyone wonders why there's never any pictures of Steve on here, it's because he asked me to not put pictures of him on here way back when I first started the blog and so I try to respect that. He's very private and hates being shown like that, I guess. So that's why he's never pictured on here. Thanks again to all of you, we love you all!!

1 comment: