Wednesday, May 14, 2008

An update

Well the new blog is coming along nicely.  I just hope I'm able to put up enough deals to keep people happy!!  This week I gave too many away here on this blog and I'm having a hard time finding new ones to put up!!  Oh well, from now on, I'll know better!!  

I'm also trying to finish up my garage sale items.  I have about 75% priced and ready to go.  Just a few more to go.  I hope I can bring in at least $100.  That's my goal and considering, I'm counting the $40 I sold a stroller to Sonya for, I'm almost half way there!!!  

Poor Noah, he's had 2 games already cancelled for rain, and it looks like tonights will be too.  Now he has a game on Saturday and then a make up game on Sunday and who knows when this one will be made up.  His team is still undefeated though!  They had a really close game this past Saturday.  It was only 5-4 and the other team was ahead most of the game.  But they pulled it out in the end.  

Mother's Day was very nice.  Well on Saturday, we had our parents over for dinner.  I ended up getting them both a nice flower (a rose bush for my mom, and a potted plant for Steve's mom), and I made them photo books at CVS with pictures of their kids and grandkids, with words written by us.  They loved those.  I also gave them goody bags filled with my coupon finds.  I only gave them those as a little extra, not actually the gift.  It was a very nice dinner and everyone was very pleased with their gifts.  On Sunday, I woke up to my babies shouting Happy Mothers Day and then presenting me with their homemade cards.  Wow, their cards  blew me away.  Abby's had a picture of me and her on two seperate boats and we were both sad and then on the other side, we were in one boat together and very happy.  She thought of that on her own, I thought it was so creative!!  Noah's had me and him, wearing shirts in our favorite colors, standing together with a big heart between us, and he put "To the best mom in the whole world" on the front.  He dotted the i's with hearts.  I just thought they were both so creative and cute!!  When Daddy took them shopping, a miracle occured, they agreed on the gift!!  So one of them suggested a big soft pillow and the other said, yes a big fluffy purple pillow, so that's what I got!!  Purple is my favorite color, so they always look for purple stuff!!  I've been using it in bed ever since.  It's the best pillow ever!!  I also got to choose our lunch and since we're trying to save money for different things, I chose to just have Long John Silvers.  I love that place and the rest of the family doesn't like it so much.  They all seemed to enjoy it while we were there though!!  Plus the closest one to our house is about 20 minutes away, and that's pretty far to go just for some Long John's!!!

So that's about it for now.  I hope everyone has a great week!!!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh I love the crispy's at Long John's!! YUMMY! You always have to drive pretty far to find one.

Oh your mother's day gifts to your mom's were great! I loved the extra goody bag idea........I will have to do that too.

Now you have a purple pillow to go with Purpy!!!!

I love your thrify blog, don't worry, you will lots more to post on Sunday and Monday!!! I'm excited! Thanks again for doing it.

Amanda said...

I am glad you had a good Mother's Day!
I am confused on the thrift blog thing. Apparantly it is something that you started when I was gone....what is it?
We have a LJS right by us - about a 4 minute rive - but I can't eat the stuff!
Hve a great day!

Jamie said...

I just started the new blog yesterday. It's at

http://thriftyinthecincy.blogspot.com

It's the same on Sonya has mentioned lately.

Amanda said...

Duh! How in the world did I miss that post?? I just went back and there it was! Forgive my dorkiness!

I love the dance photo, by the way. She is a doll.

SamandSawyersMom said...

could you in your spare time..ha..copy and paste the jello deal to your thrify site. ann looked for it yesterday so she can do it. she found her coupons for the jello. thanks.

Anonymous said...

I am glad the new blog is coming along!

Sorry its taken me so long to read and comment.

I love Long JOhn's too! My dad eats there atleast once a week!!