Monday, May 5, 2008

Noah's a purple belt!

These are some pictures from Noah's karate test. He passed!! They even tested him with the teen/adult test and he got a B with that!! We're so proud of him. He's now an adult (or teen) purple belt.





The testing.




The belt ceremony.




The new belt on and ready to go!!

So anyway, I wish I could get rid of this dang cold!! I'm so tired of coughing and blowing my nose!!

Where my parents live they are doing a huge city wide garage sale (they do it every year) and I"ll be setting up at their house for that,. I don't have a ton of stuff to get rid of, but it will definitely help with my decluttering!! I'm hoping to make a little money to add to our Disney spending fund!! So I'm washing clothes, labeling things and making sure everything looks it's best so I can definitely sell it!!

We pulled out every single stuffed animal we own and put them all in a big pile in the living room. As you can see, we need to do something about this. Unfortunately as we went through them, either Abby was attached to one, or Noah, or me, or even Daddy!! We only ended up getting rid of 2 trash bag fulls and still have tons!! I've decided we're going to allow them to keep a certain number upstairs to play with (Noah 25, Abby 40) and since we really have a large storage room in the basement, I'm going to keep the rest of the animals down there and they are welcome to go down and trade one in for another one at any time. So that way I don't have as many all over my house like before. Hopefully that will help. Noah never takes his out of his room, but they are Abby's absolute favorite toy, so she takes them everywhere and they wind up in every room, so hopefully this will help with the amount she can leave around the house!!



So that's about it for us this week, finishing school and working on the garage sale! Hope everyone has a great week!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a lot of stuffed animals.

the belt thing was so emotional for me...how nice. I would have been sobbing. God help the poor soul who didn't pass my child.
I am very proud of Noah too. How great.

Good luck on the sale. I may need to pay a visit over there. If you are getting rid of any toys sets, please share the details.

Will you tell me any great deals this week? I have 3 people I tell the deals too now and I am nto that great at finding them.

Have a great week

Crystal said...

WHOA!!! That's alot of stuffed friends!!!! You need 100 pet nets! ha ha

I wish you the best with your sale, I am gonna try to sell some stuff soon too for extra cash!

Good job Noah!!! Cam took Karate and he went all the way to blue belt. The coolest thing to me is how high they kick and watching them break wood in half! Cam broke three pieces stacked at once.....I was amazed! Has Noah learned to break wood yet??

Do you store his belts in those square glass box thingy's.....those are cool to hang on the wall in their room!

Carrie said...

I love the karate pics! Way to go Noah! that is great!

That is a lot of stuffed animals! I thought Olivia had a lot, but she probably has 50 at most!!!! I can only imagine getting rid of two garbage bags full!!!

Good luck at the garage/city sale!

Jamie said...

Noah's school doesn't do the wood breaking, at least not in the childrens level. They use plastic practice boards and he does do those both punching and kicking. You have to hit them hard enough or they won't "break", but they go back together. They are all different levels starting with easy to break and going up.

No, I don't have his belts displayed yet, I saw a rack that you can have personalized with their name and I think I"ll probably get that one. I saw it in a catalog, I just can't remember which one!! Hopefully I can think of it!!