Monday, February 18, 2008

Trying

Ok, I have tried three times on three different days now to post more pictures, and I just can't get it to work. So until I can get it to work, I just wanted to share something that I thought was so awesome from church yesterday. Before we take Communion someone gets up and says a little something, usually something about Jesus or something like that. Well yesterday the person got up and started and was talking about how to make Jesus and God more personal to us. About how he knows our names and knew us before we were formed in the womb, etc..but the part that really got me was when he suggested we make Bible verses more personal by putting our names in them. For instance in the verse, For God so loved the World, that he gave his only son, you replace World with your name. Just saying that out loud hit me so hard and I really felt how personal it was. So today you should say that with your name, your spouses name, your childrens name and see how much it impacts you.

For God so loved Jamie, that he gave his only son

For God so loved Sonya, that he gave his only son

For God so loved Crystal, that he gave his only son

For God so loved Carrie, that he gave his only son

For God so loved Lura, that he gave his only son

For God so loved Charity, that he gave his only son

For God so loved Amanda, that he gave his only son

4 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW JAMERS!!! That was awesome!!! Definitely hit home and gave me goosebumps!!! THANK YOU!!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

Yeah the Salvation Army has always done that. I remember being a little girl and having someone write that verse with my name in it on a book marker. I had it for a long time.

It is realy nice and so true.

Carrie said...

That is awesome! It gave me goosebumps too. Especially when I needed a prayer.

Char said...

I think Lura said she was having the picture problem with blogger too. Hmmm....