Saturday, August 22, 2009

Children's Day and Our First Baby Shower

First some business and then some fun. Monday is our day at Children's Hospital. Steve and I begin the day at 10am with an ultrasound and then we have an MRI at 11:15 (I say we because he'll be there with me, but those are just for me to do!). At 1:30 we have a tour of the RCNIC which is the newborn intensive care unit at Children's. Then we have a meeting with a geneticist at 2, a meeting with a nurse at 3 and our big team meeting at 4. At the team meeting we'll be talking with the surgeon who will do Poppy's surgery, plus the Perinatalogist that we saw last Tuesday. Hopefully all plans will be worked out then and we'll know what's coming up after that. It'll be a long day, but I'm eager to get some more information and lots of questions answered.


And now for some fun! Last night was my first baby shower. Two friends from church had it for me and we invited a lot of Steve's family to this one. It was very nice and lots of fun. I'm so grateful to everyone who put time into doing the shower and to everyone who came. It was just what I needed. Celebrating the baby instead of worrying about the baby. I couldn't ask for better friends and family. Here's some pictures.



Opening presents!

Abby and the very beautiful and delicious cake!

My friends from church who had the shower for me. They are such wonderful friends and I"m so grateful for them!


These 3 pictures are our family playing games!






These pictures are a lot of our gifts. We got lots of stuff for nursing, lots of bath stuff (including the whale tub that Abby and Noah wanted so much!!), a set of monitors, a diaper bag and a beautiful handmade book. We are so blessed! All this and we still have another shower tomorrow!


These just show the bedding we decided to buy for Poppy. We already had some neutral bedding but after we found out he was a boy, we decided to get the Mickey Mouse bedding! It's so cute!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Looks like a fun shower! I love the bedding.
I will be anxiously awaiting an update from all your tests and meetings today. You, your family, and Poppy are never far from thought and always in our prayers! Lots of Love!