Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday

Today is Sunday. We went to church, picked up newspapers (for coupons) went to lunch at Noodles & Co., (I had Wisconsin Mac & Cheese, soooo yummy) went to Target (only spent .75 on 3 clearanced 1.00 bin items), stopped by Kroger (for more 1.59 a gallon milk and 1.00 1/2 gal. OJ) and then we came home. Just the rest of today and all of tomorrow and then I get to see Poppy again and maybe (hopefully) get some answers. One part of me wishes these days would go by lickety split, but another part of me reminds me that I'd be wishing away days of my childrens lives and how could I do that. I don't get nearly enough days during their childhood, so I need to be thankful of each and every day and certainly not wishing for them to go by fast.

But as Tom Petty says, the waiting is the hardest part. And boy is that true. While waiting your mind wanders to maybe it's this and maybe it's that. And if it is this then we'll have to do that. Or, I just hope it's not this. Anything but that.

And so, I've been trying to keep my mind off the maybe's. I've made some more freezer meals for after Poppy arrives and I'm making even more tonight and tomorrow. After that I'll have 4 chicken casseroles, 4 pepperoni pastas, 4 mexican cornbread casseroles, 6 meals of hamburger patties, 5 meals of pulled pork for sandwiches, 8 meals of homemade mashed potatoes...all of those homemade. Plus 3 lasagnas, 16 frozen pizzas, 3 meals of chicken nuggets, 3 meals of pizza rolls, tons of hotdogs and smoked sausage and many sides including fries, vegetables, fruit, breads, etc...that are all the premade, prepackaged variety. And some canned goods as well. We should be pretty well prepared as far as food goes after that.

I've also done a little shopping for our new little boy. We bought him a few outfits and some Disney stuff. I got him a pair of swimtrunks with matching shirt at the Disney store yesterday. Both were clearanced to 3.99. Hopefully they'll fit him next summer!! We also got him a Mickey hooded towel and a little Mickey rattle toy. It has been sort of fun knowing that he's a boy. I added some boy stuff to our registries too. I haven't ever been able to pick gender specific items before. That was fun. I will miss the big reveal at delivery of the sex, but this has been kind of nice too.

Well I better cut this short today. I need to get started on the cooking for tonight and I'd like to clip my coupons as well. And if I'm feeling really ambitious, I'm going to go downstairs and go through all of Noah's old clothes and pull out my favorites to bring up and put in Poppy's closet. I'm excited to see some of those things again!

I'll update after our appointment on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sounds like a very busy day! I hope you are taking time to relax too.
I am glad you will be so prepared for meals when Poppy gets here. I know that will be a load off your mind when you are being a frazzled new mom again!
I am praying for good news tomorrow at the ultrasound. Keep us posted!!!