Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hey everyone, just a quick update!! Less than two weeks people!!! I'm just about finished with my shopping now, just a few little things to pick up. I did a lot of my list yesterday. I got a lot of it done. I'm very excited to see everyone react to their gifts. I truly, truly love giving more than receiving. It makes me so incredibly happy to see people love what I took time to pick for them. I love getting something I know the person took time to pick especially for me as well, but it's the giving that brings me the most joy!!!

Abby is doing much better now. She ended up visiting Urgent Care on Sunday as her lips swelled up incredibly and were completely covered in blisters and she had a rash on her face. The doctor there was incredibly nice and took extra steps to make sure she "did right by Abby' and got her the right medicine and the right course of action. I was truly grateful for how she treated us. She put Abby on an antiviral which helped almost immediately. It stopped the blisters from getting worse and allowed her body to start healing. The doctor actually said this was the worst case she had seen in a child. I'm so glad I decided to take her in, even if it meant my Dad had to come pick us up as Steve and Noah were off to the Bengals game. It was so worth it. She even had blisters on her tongue which made it incredibly difficult to feed her. She easily could eat peanut butter sandwiches and drink water. That was about it for two days. Now she's eating normally, the rash is drying out on her face and her lips are normal size and color, with just a few scabs left to come off. I'll be so glad when I can kiss those little lips again!!!

So Steve and Noah got two tickets to the Bengals game from my aunt and uncle who share season tickets with another couple. We were afraid that they would be drenched the whole time and prepared for that with new ponchos, several layers of clothes and boots on the feet. But they were actually in a row that had an awning, so they were completely dry. Two rows up the people were soaked, but where they were was dry. I was so relieved to hear that!!! They had a great time and the Bengals won, so that was awesome!! I didn't make him take the camera though because of the rain. I knew he'd have a fit, if I even asked!! We have pictures from the first game they went to though, so that's good!!

Yesterday the kids and I stopped at three different CVS's to get more great deals and this is what I came home with. I got 3 packs of batteries, 3 boxes of tissues, 3 johnson baby shampoos (small bottles), 1 bottle of tums, 1 package of hello kitty band-aids, 2 spongebob pencils (yes, the kids were definitely with me!!), 3 bowl appetit meals, 2 simply asia noodle bowls, 2 bags of Doritos, 2 gallons of milk, 1 box of chocolate donettes, and 2 rolls of CVS paper towels. I used no ECB's on these three deals, but got back 2 for the Tums deal and only paid out of pocket 1.68 for all of that. It was coupons alone that got me down to that total. Pretty good!

Today I need to wrap the presents I have and get those all ready to go. Next week Steve is off (actually for a total of 18 days, I'm so excited!!). I love being able to do things as a family during the day, when it's less crowded and we get so much more out of it. We may visit the zoo as long as it's not too cold (Sonya you remember how Steve loves the cold!!), maybe do the Holiday in lights, though I think that's a little pricey, even with the coupon, we're going to visit Santa, go to the museum and see the pirate exhibit and probably do some baking together. I can't wait. I'm so glad to have the shopping done and we can just focus on the fun of the season.

Well have a great day and I'll try to post more soon!

6 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

i was first WHOO HOO now I can read it

SamandSawyersMom said...

Wow, that is a lot of days off. i wish my Steve had that. I think he gets 2, whoo hoo. I get 2, too.
We are going to holiday in lights and I have to tell you,that i would pay double that, I know that sounds crazy coming from me. I love it and the kids LOVE it so much. they get to sit without seat belts and they love to see all the lights. I love the carolers inside and Santa, and the hot chocolate and the display of trains. I love the play area. i love the whole experience. That is where we got their pic last year with santa and this year, we will too. We are going Saturday night because it might snow and Steve says it is nicer in the snow (?). I still love that coupon though. The zoo is nice but the cold and walking isn't. I love the riding through lights thing, I guess.

I praise God that Abby is better. I still kissed those lips. Ask her, I asked her if I could. She said yes. I was gentle.

I do not have a thing done for Christmas. I am going to have to work all weekend. Most of my sopping is done but i have no idea where anything is. I have to find it all. I probably have 200 dollars mroe to spend, then I'm done. CVS here I come..I could get triple there!! I hope everyoen including my dad likes lipstick.

Have a wonderful Christmas with your family. Thank you for posting.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Abby is doing better!

I am glad Steve and Noah had a great time at the Bengals and I am glad they won for them!!

You and your CVS deals...I read Sonya's thing for free batteries and I was so confused I couldn't even post on it!!!

You will have so much fun with your hubby home for so long. Matt is off from Dec. 21-Jan 2nd so I am looking forward to that time with him too. Its from his paternity leave...he still had days left over and I am so glad he savored some of them now!!!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

i am still flying so high over all the free batteries!!

Crystal said...

I am sooo happy that Abby is okay. I was worried about her! I need to wrap gifts too. I will probably do that while we are snowed in tomorrow. We may bake cookies too. We have been looking at houses all week and I am exhausted so it will be nice not to have to leave the house!

Maybe some day I will learn to do the CVS thing........it's just too much work for me right now.

I hope you guys have a great break together!

Crystal said...

I hope you and your fam are having a wonderful time together! Miss ya!