Thursday, December 6, 2007

snowy, snowy








Just a few pics from Sunwatch Indian Village and our snow day yesterday!!

Hello again!! Well we've had a nice week so far. I had a great time on Saturday with all the girls. They pretty much covered it all in their blogs, so that's taken care of!!! Sunday, we went to church and then to Toys R Us for a little Christmas shopping and then to my grandparents! HI PAPAPW!!! We drew names for our Christmas exchange and got to visit them for a little while. It was very nice!! We came home after that and let puppy out, she was happy to see us!!! I went out that evening and did some grocery/CVS shopping. I got a few good deals. It was a nice evening.

This week was pretty much normal. Until yesterday that is. Steve had to go to St.Louis just for the day. He left at 8:30am and got home at 9:30pm. We had the snow of course. I let the kids play in it before we did school. I just didn't think they'd really concentrate until they got that out of them. So they did that and I took some pictures. Then we had our usual hot chocolate.

Then we did some school work and made some gifts for Christmas. That was fun! It was just a nice quiet, and relaxed day. We didn't have the car because I told Steve to just take it to the airport so I didn't have to go out there twice in one day. So without the car, we weren't tempted to go anywhere or be rushed. That was actually very nice.

Abby actually gave us a little scare last night. She was playing with a ball and it rolled under the islands counter hangover (you know, where you can put stools to sit at the island) and then lifted straight up and hit her head on the island. Now our counters are granite, so she hit solid rock. She cried a lot, but not more so than when she gets hurt any other time, so I didn't think much of it. Well about and hour or so later, she said she had a headache still so I gave her some Ibuprofen and she took a bath. During the bath, she started screaming about it hurting, so I got her out and was holding her and she said she was about to throw up. She ended up throwing up twice in about a half hour period and I started to worry that it was something worse than just a bonk. So I called the nurseline from our Insurance company and they asked a zillion questions and then told me if she threw up one more time ( apparently three times is the red flag, I later saw this on WebMD as well) or if she screamed with pain again to take her to an emergency room. Well she didn't do either. She went to sleep and I slept with her just to be safe and she' fine this morning. I just think it's so weird that at 2 vomits, she's ok, but 3 is red flag!! I guess they know what their talking about!!! But she's normal Abby today and said it doesn't hurt anymore, so that's good!!

Well I better go, I need to fold laundry and Abby is waiting patiently for a game of My Little Pony Memory!!! Have a good one!!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I love the pictures!!! What gifts did you make??? I guess you can't post pics of them since they are gifts huh!? I would just love some ideas for some EASY but cute homemade gifts but I have to see it since I am visual. Boy, I just rambled!ha

That's terrible about Abby's head! Oh that would have terrified me!! Poor baby! I am soo glad she is okay. Have fun playing memory, I love that game!

Anonymous said...

YOur pictures are great! Its nice to stay home sometimes and not worry about going anywhere!

As I was reading about Abby's head it made me sick to my stomach. Poor thing...I am glad she is doing better today.

When we were in Mansfield for Thanksgiving we went to the mall and there was this little girl screaming her head off in one of the stores we were in and her parents didn't do anything about it. Well, she screamed until she puked! It was so scary. I felt bad for her. I don't know why I thought of this now...I guess all the puke talk!

SamandSawyersMom said...

Great pics HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Crystal said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMERS!

MissSonya said...

okay, now I read your post. MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! I would have freaked. Good for you for listening. My big butt would have been long gone..waiting for another vomit would not have been an option. Glad you did cause it all worked out. WHoa!!

Glad her pretty head is okay

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAR GRANDAUGHTER WE LOVE YOU & YOUR
FAMILY. I AM GLAD PATTY DIDN'T HERE ABOUT ABBY'S ACCIDENT. SHE
WOULD HAVE FREAKED OUT.
YOU HAVE THE MOST INFORMATIVE
BLOG.
GOD BLESS YOU
PAPA HANEY