Monday, July 23, 2007

A high flying Sunday












We went to the last launch of the hot air balloons at the Ohio Challenge in Middletown. We chose to not go until late because we had been out and about all afternoon and wanted to relax a few hours before we went. So we arrived about 10 til 7 and the balloons were scheduled to go up at 7, but there was some wind issues and they didn't go up until about 7:30. We were able to sit very close even being so close to the scheduled launch time and we got really good views of the balloons filling up and taking off. It was really a cool experience. Noah wanted to stay home and play the new WII we just got, but when we were leaving he sayed over and over how glad he was that we came to this. It really was fun. The red and white striped balloon, filled up right in front of us and when they started to heat the air, we were so close we could feel the heat!! It was so awesome! This being the last night, some of the balloons weren't there, but we were excited to see about 15 take off. The bunny one was so cute! By about 8 they were all off and the excitement was over, but we're definitely going again next year, it was just so darn cool. I heard a man on a microphone say they have the challenge at least for the next 2 years and then it may move to a different city. I think we'll come either Friday or Saturday next time because they have a huge carnival type thing going on as well. They have big carnival rides, tons of food, inflatables, games, a car show, live music, skydiving demonstrations and all kinds of things. I really want to see the nighttime stuff, balloon glow and the pyrotechnic skydiving. Both sound really cool!! Well here's our Sunday!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

OH, I forgot to mention that everytime a balloon left the ground the crowd would cheer and the people in the basket would wave, it was just such a cool experience!

Amanda said...

How cool! I would love to see that. I would love to ride in a hot ait balloon.

SamandSawyersMom said...

we went to that a few years ago and I loved it too. I want to take our kids too because they would love it. I need to jot down the dates so i don't forget.

it looks like fun

SamandSawyersMom said...

oh yeah one more thing...i almost bought that exact shirt for sawyer saturday at a garage sale but I was afraid it would be too small.

Crystal said...

That's soo cool! I bet the kids loved it! Daws would have thought that was cool too.

Char said...

Oh that looks like a lot of fun! I like the top picture! :)

Lura said...

One of my lifetime goals is to ride in a hot air balloon. We have a balloon fest in a town near here, but I've never made it. It's always near July 4th. My dad has ridden in one. I think he got it as a birthday present. We saw one the other night near Tim's parent's house. It was fun to watch.