Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hump Day

Ok, I thought I should probably do a quick post as I will be pretty busy today working on the classroom and packing for our trip. First a camping update for Sonya, yes I have planned a few crafty things nothing big, but boredom busters if needed!! I got both kids inflatable beds last night from my Mom, so that's good. I still have to purchase a ground cloth for under the tent and a fan. Do you recommend just a box style fan or a tower shaped fan or an oscillating fan? I'm not sure which would be better. I also still need to do the food shopping. I'm planning to bring a few baked goods for my Sonya!! Steve still needs to get his fishing license. Other than that, I think we're just about set.

I wanted to thank everyone for their sweet and comforting comments. I really appreciate it so much. You guys are just the best for that. Yes Sonya we will still be at Sammy's party, that shouldn't be a problem. I have about 40 days to prepare so I should feel fine as the time gets closer. They have this table set up at the Dr's office where they bring you out and go over everything for the surgery and as she was talking it took everything I had not to burst out in tears! I told Steve that in the car and he said he was surprised I didn't cry! It was hard hearing about pain management, scabs, dehydration, bleeding emergencies, etc.. I sort of feel guilty I guess because it's not a life or death surgery and I'm taking her there anywhere. I just have comfort in knowing that A. she will get so much better sleep and there won't be any possibility of her apnea causing complications later and B. I went through this as a child and was completely fine and I didn't have bad feelings at my Mom for making me do it!!! This is the reason I never could pierce her ears as a baby. I just couldn't deal with causing her pain for something so insignificant. I even had guilt over Noah's circumcision. I guess I'm just a wimp!! I just can't wait for it to be over and then we can focus on our big trip!

My BB8 update: I loved Eric last night. He was Oscar worthy in his performance!! That was just great. I still really like him and I still like Kail's group. I'm with the houseguests in that Jen has to go. What is with that girl. She needs help. I felt a little bad for her because they didn't need to embarrass her in front of everyone, but she shouldn't have lied either. Plus the way she has treated Dick I thought was awful. I know that he is much more crude and obscene than they show in the episodes, but he still didn't deserve the don't touch me comment. I just thought that was awful. Oh and her shirts are you kidding me!! Steve had a comic moment last night when Nick was in the hammock with someone I can't remember and they were talking about booting Jen, Nick said let's go for the jugular Steve said it would've been hysterical if he said go for the Jengular!!! Oh sometimes he's funny, even after being tranquilized!! SM

So today I'm going to work on painting in my classroom. It's going slow because I have so much other things going on at the same time. Next week the kids will be in VBS from 9-12 all 5 days so I'll be getting a lot done then. Well have a good Hump Day!

12 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Whao how werid. My steve said the same thing...the jenular!!! Isn't hat funny? Weird.

Abby will be fine and she totally needs this done. I do not have that problem. i would be scared for sure but I don't think I would have the guilt. She needs it done Jamie. She will feel so much better.

I must admit after "watching" 12 hours of After Dark (I quoted watching because i listened as I cleaned and folded laundry) Eric is not as great as i had hoped. He tells a lot of tall tales anyway. I did think he did an amazing job last night. I am starting to like the guy Dick...(typed any other way was x rated) more because he is pretty much tormented by his life and past and he is trying to change. I love the kail alliance but i am afraid they will dump kail first. it could be much more entertaining this year.

i am glad you are preparing for camping but i do not like that your class room is getting attention this week. it is camping week,not homeschooling week..sm

SamandSawyersMom said...

and way to go with posting everyday

Jamie said...

I would also like to point out that I posted before Sonya AND Crystal today. Oooh, oooh, go me..go me!!!

Carrie said...

Awww...I know its easy for me to say, but Abby will do just fine. I now know though that what no matter what anyone says your still going to worry until its all over with! I am the same way with not piercing Olivia's ears. My parents waited until I was ready to do it and would understand there is pain involved. Someone made the comment to me (who doesn't have any children) that I should get that done now! No way, I'm going to wait for her to decide on her own.

Yeah, BB was good lastnight. Jen really has to go! I really like Danielle. She is my favorite. I think she played it smart by keeping the nominees the way they are. As much as I wish she would have saved Amber or Carol so Jen could have been put up, she played it smart I think. I like Nick too! He sure is a ladies man! I think he is really cute too!

Carrie said...

Oh yeah and Jen shirts really need to go! She's on the wrong show, she needs to go on What Not to Wear!

Crystal said...

Girl, you are going to worry, that is a natural mommy thing, but I agree with Sonya (what??) that its something that needs to be done and that will make her have less problems in the long run so don't feel guilty at all. You are being a responsible mother by keeping your child healthy.

Danielle and Jameka are my favorites. I like the GUY Dick too for the same reason Sonya does.....(what??) I feel sorry for him but he does get on my nerves with all the name dropping he does!

Erics performance was killing me! ha ha I kept laughing......he's too much! Not sure if I like him yet or not.

Jen definitely needs to go! I just can't get over her and I would sure like to meet her parents! ugh!

Nick is a player.......don't like him. I like the other guy though.....don't remember his name, I will have to check and come back and tell you when I find out his name.


So far, Danielle and Jameka are my favs!

SamandSawyersMom said...

oh i love mike and zach. They have to be my favs. I read that nick admitted to doing something bad once (first i wrote it here but paw paw doesn't want to read that) and now I can't like him because of that.

Good for you for being first, now you have to keep it up all the time..hmmm

Crystal said...

I went on the abc website to get the name of the guy I like and his name is Zach! I agree with Sonya again (what??)

I may play the lottery today! SM

SamandSawyersMom said...

what is so terrible about agreeing with me? you people finally like the moral folks...welcome to the light side

SamandSawyersMom said...

did crys call you her best firend in her card...I have to know!!!!

Jamie said...

No, she didn't call me her best FIREND or friend. I don't know if firend is a put down or a compliment. Maybe it means my end is HOT!!

Crystal said...

HA HA WOO HOO JAMIE HAS A HOT END! HA HA