Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Sorry

Ok, Ok, I'm sorry I've been a very bad blogger buddy lately. I have been having such a good time having both kids home for the summer. Let's see, where to start. Well the five butterfly cocoons that Noah brought home all hatched. We got them Friday and by Sunday they had all hatched. It was very exciting when it happened. Apparently they can leak a red fluid after they hatch that resembles blood. Needless to say, initially we were very worried parents until we read the little instructional booklet. But all five survived and we let them go on Tuesday. It was very cool to see them take their first flights. I think we'll do it again next spring.

Last week while most other school kids were still in school we went to Kings Island/Boomerang Bay 3 times. All three times we enjoyed very light crowds and short lines. It was great. We did almost all of kiddie land plus the Scrambler and a stop for blue ice cream all in two hours. The kids are also enjoying boomerang bay, well Noah more so than Abby. She likes the pools and the lazy river, but she's not big on water splashing her in the face, so we're working on that. Noah loves it all and can't wait until Daddy's there to take him on the big slides!! I'm glad we got to go those three times before the big crowds and high heat become problems.

We also met with Abby's preschool classmates at a park in Mason. We've decided to meet with them once a week during the summer and hopefully maintain their friendships. That was a lot of fun, but it was very hot that day. Luckily there was shaded Mommy areas and we brought a cooler full of drinks, so we survived!! There also wasn't very many people there that day either.

Noah's baseball team is still playing, they have three regular games left and then a tournament. Currently they have won 7 and lost 2, so they're doing really well. It feels so nice to finally be on the team that's to beat, usually it's the other way around for us!! We've had lots of practice being good losers, now we can be good winners a bit!!! Abby's t-ball just had there first practice on Saturday. Daddy is one of her coaches and she was thrilled about that. They don't start games until July 14th. They were delayed starting this year because they had such high demand that they had to create a third diamond to play on. I'm not sure if she'll really be that interested in it, but last year when Noah was playing, she really wanted to play too and I promised her we'd sign her up for it this year now that she's old enough. We'll see how it goes as the season progresses!!

Abby also just finished her dance class for the year. She had a recital at Mason High School on Sunday. She did awesome!! I was so proud of her. All of her grandparents came and she was so excited to see the balloon and flowers we gave her at the end. She also got a gold medal and certificate from her school. She did decide to sign up for dance class again next year, so we'll be starting that back up in September. I was so nervous for her, I don't really know why, but right before she came on, I could throw up for the nervousness!! But she did great. She found her spot on stage each time and did all of the dance. I couldn't ask for more.

We've also spent some time just hanging out with our family lately. Steve's mom invited me and the kids to lunch last Friday and we enjoyed that. Saturday we went to my parents and then Steve and Noah went to the father/son dinner at my grandparents church. They ended up having Steve, Noah, my dad, my grandpa, my brother, my nephew, two uncles and a cousin with them, so that was great. Meanwhile me, Abby and my mom spent the evening at her house. We ordered a yummy barbecue dinner from a local place and watched t.v. We also bought Abby a new booster/car seat so we cleaned up her old one to give to Riley. He's outgrown his baby seat now. It looked pretty darn good after I got it all clean.

Other than I've finally gotten all my laundry caught up, finished shopping for Father's Day, bought my brother his Birthday gift for Saturday, bought my nephew Aaron's Birthday gift for Sunday and taken Steve to and picked up from the airport. He was only gone during the day yesterday. We dropped him off at 8 am and picked him up at 10 pm!!! Oh and I'm still working on my side of the house flower bed. I have fine new things planted, and have already dug big holes for 5 arborvitae bushes. I'll probably get those done today. So far, it's been a great summer and hopefully it will continue to be so. We have two Birthdays to celebrate this weekend, and then it's Father's Day, and then we're going to a homeschool convention in Columbus and then it's 4th of July weekend....... so much going on!! This summer will probably fly by, but that only means it's getting closer and closer to Disney!!! Well have a great one and I'll try to be more active, though no promises!!!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Ok, I just spent over a half an hour responding to everyone's posts that I neglected. Now I hope everyone will forgive me!!

Amanda said...

You don't need forgiveness!!! I am glad to hear you are having such a good time. Enjoy yourself!

Crystal said...

There's nothing to forgive......we know you are a busy girl!!! We just miss you that's all! Thanks for taking time for us!

SamandSawyersMom said...

time to post???

okay i thought i would check incase