Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Eating like Royalty!!

Our package for the trip included a free dining plan. We got a counter service (you walk up to a podium, place your order and then pick up your food and sit down to eat it), a table service (where you sit down and are waited on, including character meals), plus a snack (a 20 bottle beverage, an ice cream bar, a bag of chips, a bowl of cereal with milk, etc...) per person per night we stayed, so we had a total of 44 snacks, 44 counter services and 44 table services (for 11 nights). Now the counter service meal included an entree, non-alcoholic drink and desert, and the table service also included an appetizer and covered the 18% tip. All of this was free because of the plan they offered. It was incredible! We took a picture at each sit down we ate at. Well the first one doesn't count. It was our first night and we went to Beaches and Cream which is a restaurant in the Boardwalk hotel, and we just had ice cream, not just any ice cream. We ordered the kitchen sink, which is this huge silver sink filled with 24 scoops of ice cream in a variety of flavors, every topping they have including, chocolate chips, cake, brownie, snickers bars, etc..a whole can of whipped cream and a ton of cherries. It was so fun and we used that as our dinner, but still only ate about half of it!!! We truly ate like royalty, it was wonderful. It made it even harder to come home and cook our own meals!! When we got home we were shocked that Skyline actually wanted us to pay for our food!! SM




This is the kitchen sink. When they bring it out, they dim the lights, a red light flashes, there's a siren and they announce it!! It was so funny!!




This is Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's a buffet meal with some dishes with African tastes. I didn't like it so much, but Steve did a lot.




This is Le Cellier. One of our favorites. We went there twice on this trip. It's a Canadian Steakhouse in EPCOT. It is so yummy!!




This was at Chef Mickey's. It's a character buffet with breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had dinner. It's at the Contemporary Hotel




This was at Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom. It's a family style meal with ham, turky, roast beef, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese and salad. It was very yummy. They also have the best honey butter, yummmm!!




This is the Ohana breakfast at the Polynesian Hotel. It was normal breakfast food served family style. Very yummy!




This is the Akershus Princess Breakfast at Norway in EPCOT. Again it had normal breakfast food and was yummy!




This is the 50's Primetime Cafe at Disney -MGM Studios. They have lots of homestyle foods, like meatloaf, fried chicken, pot roast, etc. It's fun in there because the servers treat you like family and expect you to follow the rules, no elbows on the table, set the table, eat your veggies! It's fun!




This is the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. This is another fun one where the servers play around. If you need ketchup, they yell who has the ketchup and whoever has it has to bring it your table (usually around 10 bottles!!) and then you pass it on when someone else needs it. It's really fun, I liked it a lot!!




This is the Coral Reef at EPCOT. We really enjoyed this restaurant. We sat in front of the huge aquarium and saw sharks, rays and a sea turtle. They also had lots of divers in there that waved at us. One diver even helped a man propose to his girlfriend in the restaurant while we were there. It was so cool!!




And this is Tony's Ristorante which is from Lady and the Tramp. It's in the Magic Kingdom. We ate there right before the start of the Halloween Party. I think it's so yummy there. I love Italian food!!

14 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh yummy. They all sounds good! I am not much of a breakfast food person and neither is my husband. Now, which ones of these were ones you did have to pay for?

That steak house sounded the best to me. I love real food, any real food more than eggs sausage etc.

Did you eat at my favorite Cosmic Rays? Oh I love that place!! We ate there 2 times in 3 days or something.

I felt like I was reading a Disney manuel. keep it coming. You could explain the entire park and I would read with excitement. I can't wait to pick our resturants. I want to start planning them. Is it hard to plan them when you are not sure where you will be when?

I so can't wait. We need to talk abotu if we can do a couple of meals together. Maybe character ones or something.

SamandSawyersMom said...

oh yeah, will you remind me of the coral reef place. i need to look into that one for sure because Sammy will lose it when he sees those animals!

Jamie said...

We only payed for the big ice cream at Beaches n Cream, everything else was included. Yes we ate at Cosmic Rays twice. They have the best value counter service meal. They have half a chicken and half a rib platter that costs like 14 bucks or something and it comes with mashed potatoes and carrots, plus dessert and it's only a counter service. Steve loved using that one!! It was worth the credit to him!! Yeah we'd love to do some meals together, let me know.

We usually do pick what days we'll be where first and then pick what restaurants we want. We found places online that have crowd calendars that tell you how high the crowd levels are in certain parks on certain days and we use that as well as when extra magic hours are for each park to determine where we want to go and then we pick where we want to eat. Sometimes though, it's easy enough to just hop over for a meal somewhere if you want to. Especially when you're traveling by car.

Jamie said...

Oh, I like breakfast meals because they do get you in the park early, and some places like restaurantasaurs let you in early enough to eat and be inside the park as they open so you get a jump start on everyone else. I love doing that. Plus I'm such a picky eater that I usually end up eating things off the kids plates for lunch and dinner, but at breakfast there's plenty that I like and I feel like I get my money's worth. That's never a problem at the steakhouse though!! SM

Jamie said...

sorry I meant to write restaurantasaurus, I get confused spelling that one!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

wow. I love knowing all that.

I went to a message board tonight (having trouble sleeping) and i was more confused than helped really. I found a list of a gazillion resturants but I didn't know where to start.

I guess I will start planning what parks first then the meals then. Of course, i don't think we care as long as we keep moving to use our time wisely. I may just have us eat at the same places over and over to make it easy. It seems so hard to me. I just want to go adn enjoy the parks and eat our free food wherever it may be.

I need to get a real book or borrow one from you so I can sit and read about the dining.

As long as I do the choc desert one and Cosmis rays and a character meal, that is all that matters really.

Do you always start at the MK? I can't imagine starting anywhere else. who knows...I am confused

SamandSawyersMom said...

your time is an hour early like mine used to be

it is 12:18

Carrie said...

The food sounds so good! I would have LOVED to eat some of the ice cream! HOly cow! It looked sooooo good!
I can't believe they serve it in a sink! How funny.

That is the best part of going places that are all inclusive. The food is sooooooooo goood! YUMMY!

SamandSawyersMom said...

let's allguess how much the sink was
my guess is 12 bucks

Jamie said...

Twelve bucks...really...at Disney??? No, it's 24!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

holy cow

SamandSawyersMom said...

did oyu guys eat it all.

I would have eatent hat mother even if I was full.

I'd be like "eat that cherry steve. that costs at least a buck!"

Amanda said...

I love love love the food pictures. That ice cream sink looks so incredibly cool. did you make it all the way through it?

Lura said...

whoops, that last comment was me. amanda was still signed in from being at our house!