Monday, October 22, 2007

recap

Well it's been a crazy week here!! We've just been really busy with all the fall festivities and school and some family things. Where to start...well last Friday (two fridays ago) we went to Parky's Halloween Nights where you all know we saw Sonya and Crystal. I really enjoyed it although it seemed that others didn't as much. I just think it's so cool to be at night, all the other things we do are in the daytime and I really love when it's dark. Saturday we went to Burger Farm where we did the hayride and the puppet show and saw the animals, oh and we also got to meet Frisch's Big Boy!!! That was so exciting, he even gave us two halloween coupons!!! No characters at Disney give you coupons for free food!!! Sunday was pretty normal with church and football. We've been getting rental movies a lot lately because we have a gift card for 40 free rentals so we've watched a lot of movies. I liked Evan Almighty ( alot!!), Next (which I thought I was going to hate, but really enjoyed), Perfect Stranger (just ok), Music and Lyrics (alot, Pop goes my Heart!!!), Wild Hogs (entertaining, but not great!). I miss Charity's movie reviews!! I feel lost at Blockbusters now!! So anytime we get a chance we'll go down and watch a movie. That's been nice. During the week, we continued our unit on trees and leaves and Abby continued on her 100 lessons, she's on 10 or 11 now. She's sounding out three letter words now. I really think this method is genius. It works so well. Noah's doing addition with carrying now. That's what he learned at the end of the week. That's going well. They both got their flu shots on Wednesday. Noah had Karate twice and Abby had dance. We started Christmas shopping. We just pick up things off our list when they are on sale. I'm excited because Thanksgiving is early this year and that means I get to put up the trees and decorations early!! I love decorating for Christmas, love it, love it!!! Also this week, I began my obsession with the moneysavingmom!!! Like I needed one more thing to obsess about!! It's really fun and an adrenaline rush!! I got all the couons organized now and all my ads together so I just have to decide what I want to with them!! I did get some good stuff this past week, so I'm pretty happy about that. This weekend we went up to Circleville (close to Columbus) for their big Pumpkin Show. It's a big festival in the downtown area. It was VERY crowded!! We went up on Friday to see the pet parade and we got there just in time. The kids loved it as I thought they would. There were tons of animals in costumes, even goats!! It was fun. We ate pumpkin pancakes, ice cream, donuts, and pie. All very yummy!! Then we drove home and stopped at Kroger where I got my best deal yet. I got 4 boxes of Quaker Sweet and Salty Crunch Bars, One Pepperidge Farm Garlic Bread loaf and a box of 100 envelopes (to organzie the coupons) for a total of .76 after tax!!! Steve was very impressed with that one!!! Saturday we went to the Creation Museum with Steve's Mom's church. We didn't stay with the church people in there, it was way too crowded to do it anyway. I had been wanting to go there and she offered to take us with her, so that was nice. I really want to go again maybe during the week sometime when it's not so crowded. I couldn't read everythiing because I would've had to wait forever to do it. It's very interesting and though provoking though. I liked it. After that we came home and did a little housework, made dinner and then watched a movie. Yesterday we went to Nick or Treat at Kings Island after church and then watched the Bengals game!! Yay a win!!!! We had a good time at all of those! Well that's a recap for now, I'll put up a few pics today too. Have a good one!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow! You are busy! Olivia got her flu shot last Saturday and I got mine Friday!

I loved the Creation Mueseum. You need a lot of time (and patience) to go thru it all.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving too and picking out a tree and decorating the house~so fun! I was just thinkig today Olivia will meet Santa this year! Can't wait to see her reaction and get pictures on his lap!!!

Crystal said...

I love the holiday's! Once Halloween hits, it seems they all come at once! ha ha It's a very fun time of year especially when you have kids to do the activities with! This year will be fun for us since Shawn's parents are living in Ohio now....we will be able to have Thanksgiving and Christmas with them for the very first time ever! That's cool.

Sonya and I really wanna go to the Creation Museum, we passed the exit for it when we drove to Lexington. The three of us should go some time.

That's awesome that Abby is reading three letter words now!!! WAY TO GO ABBY GIRL!!! And GOOD JOB TO NOAH ON MATH!! Oh, I am sooo mathematically challenged, it's sad! ha

I bet watching movies at your house is a whole other experience with that big theatre you got goin on!!! I would sooo love that! Hope you have a fun week!

SamandSawyersMom said...

And people say I am busy.

Parky's wasn't bad for me just not worth it when there are so many other things I like better to do. I do love the hayride though.

Wow, you met Big Boy. I hope you got a picture of that. Did you tell him that you love his resturant. I always hear you talking about that place.

I loved Music and Lyrics soooo much. I just loved it. I am confused about the one you said that you loved...is it called Next?? Or were you saying Next,and then forgot the name. I have never heard of next. Who is in it?? Whenever someone says they love a movie, then I get off my butt and rent it cause I figure it must be good. So, I want to know who is it in. Don't ruin the story though.

I think it is great that your kids are learning that much. I am excited to do the reading thing too.

You mean Money Making Mom right??

I love that woman too. She knows how to make the money...SM.

I can't put up a tree until almost Christmas day because of the daycare kids. I am excited to do it though.

Good job on all the free stuff. I still have a lot to figure for this week.

I am dying to go to the creation musueum. I want to have plenty of time when I go too. Have a great week and find those bargains baby!!

Crystal said...

Sonya - It's Money SAVING mom, not money MAKING mom! ha