Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Lots of Babbling!!!


Whew, getting back to normal life is exhausting!! It's been really hard for me to get back into a normal rhthym. I just don't feel like unpacking, doing laundry or planning curriculum!! Oh well, it must be done!! Yesterday was fun, it was Homeschool Day at the National Air Force Museum at Wright-Patt, and they had lots of activiites for the kids to do and it was all free. I'll post more about it later this week. I still have so much to share about the Disney trip!! We ended up taking over 850 pictures!! But just one for now. This picture was on Abby's Birthday. We had her Princess breakfast at EPCOT that morning and it was scheduled before the park opened so we got in before everyone else and it was so neat to get a picture of the park with no one else in it! We felt like it was "our park"!! We will definitely do that again. We really enjoyed the breakfast and being there so early!! Today Abby had her dance class. Last year her class was the only one at that time, so there was just a few mom's waiting around and it was nice, but this year there are two classes and it's packed with mom's waiting. I bring Noah with me and he usually reads and then plays gameboy. Today I brought a notebook to work on a budget and make a list of my many things to do and while I was writing, I would hear some of what the other mom's were discussing and sometimes I just wonder if I am anything like these other people! They were talking about how their closets were laid out, where their clothes hanged, where their shoes were etc..I don't think I've told anybody that except maybe someone who asked me what we wanted when we built the house. I don't know, sometimes I really feel like I am so different than other people. One time last year I remember how two mom's went on and on about where they bought their kids clothes and it was all the expensive places and I remember a few days later I saw one of them shopping at Target and I just wondered if she was participating in that conversation to fit in or if she really was snooty like she seemed. I don't know. I just don't care about that stuff. I mean it's just clothes. It covers me so I don't get arrested!! I mean, yeah I like to look pretty sometimes (most of the time I don't really care), but that pretty outfit could come from Wal-Mart or Lane Bryant and I wouldn't care either way. Oh well, enough babbling. I need to go tackle my big to do list!! Have a great evening!!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

That is too cool that you got in the park before it opened! Did you feel like just running around everywhere! I would have!

I know exactly what you mean about snooty people. I don't know if its just me, but I notice when I am out with Olivia and I see other "new" moms or "established" moms I feel like they are already comparing their baby to mine. Yeah, I know mine is cuter than theirs, but they don't have to stare :) Just kidding.
Working in the plastic surgery field we get lots of snooty people. I had a lady a few weeks ago that I was making an appointment for who wanted her appointment time for 10am. I saidok and she said to me "I bet you wish you could sleep in and make appointments anytime you wanted to" She didn't know I only work 1 day a week and I said "Actually, I can I only work 1 day a week" It shut her up real quick. I thought it was rude of her.

Crystal said...

I like styles, trends, fun clothes and cool purses and shoes but I don't care where they come from or what brand they are.......they can be hand me downs, from thrift stores or from Target. I do enjoy clothes and purses and stuff like that but they are not my life and I don't look down at people who don't get into that stuff. I would be lying if I said my appearance doesn't matter to me, cause it does to some degree but it's not who I am, it's just my appearance and that's it. I do know alot of people that want their appearance to make a statement about their success or financial status and that's not it for me......mine is just about what I enjoy and what's fun for me not about fitting in or status.

I do care more about who I am as a person and what I can contribute than I do about what clothes I have on or how my hair is styled, that's for sure.

Now I am babbling and have no idea if I am making any sense at all! ha ha

Crystal said...

OH and by the way, I am tickled pink that you are back in blog world!!! MISSED YA!

SamandSawyersMom said...

i am in the dark and can't see to type...will be bcak tomorrow

Char said...

Wow, how cool that you got to be in the park before opening. We will for sure try that some time - um, probably not the princess breakfast, but maybe the breakfastosaurus at animal kingdom. :)
I would love to see some of your pictures. If you want, you can email me some?! :)
I'm glad you had a good time at the air force museum - MAKE ME GO next year! Sometimes I just need a push! Thanks!
I know what you mean about people. I wonder all the time about "fitting in". I really do not fit in with any "group".
I don't care too much about clothes anymore. i think i will once i start teaching and have a job and need to dress nicely. for now, i'm fine with dressing in t-shirts and jeans, or whatever. I don't care where they come from though. I am all into comfort! Right now - those gym type shorts, silky on one side, holey on the other, and a very comfy big t-shirt that i stole from lura's garage sale. :)
I don't blame you for not wanting to come back to reality yet. Disney is for sure a great escape from reality!!!

Amanda said...

Your Disney trip sounds so cool! Caitlin would have loved all the princesses! I love your costumes. You are so creative!

I agree about the snooty mother thing. I always feel uncomfortable around moms like that.

Thanks for the postcard! I loved it!

SamandSawyersMom said...

Part of the problem with you encountering those types of moms is that you live in such an affluent area. Mason is kinda known for that too and that is where you do most of the stuff with the kids. Of course, those moms are everywhere but those areas have a higher percentage of them.

When I was a nanny and took the kids places, I ran into that ALL THE TIME. It was a nice area too and most people had a little extra money.

That is the story of my life, not having the same views as people around me. I think I deal with it pretty well though.

The bottom line is this (for me) with the whole liking clothes thing.... LIKE WHAT YOU LIKE! I mean I love buying my kids clothes that are of name brand (that don't cost more) but I wouldn't dare spend what some of my friends spend on other stuff or want expensive stuff like they do in other departments. I wear rags everyday but i want my kids to look nice and to me, nice is wearing the brands that I like the looks of.

Talking about all the clothes and where I shop and put them in the closet would not be fun for me. Buying them and putting them on my kids is the fun part.

That is the beauty of us all being different.

I am sure it is hard to get back to real life after a dream vacation. I hate that too. I would probably not want to wake up in my real house after staying in luxuary all week.

I hope you can adjust soon and start your lessons. Your kids are very lucky that you are putting so much time and energy into their education. I am sure you are learning a lot too.