Monday, October 1, 2007

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

These are all pics from the Halloween party (Mickey's not so scary) at the Magic Kingdom that we went to on Friday. We dressed up as characters from Alice in Wonderland. Abby was Alice, Noah was the talking doorknob (the only character he would agree to be!! SM), I was the Queen of Hearts and Steve was the Ace of Clubs. It was so incredibly fun to all dress up together. I was a little nervous about it at first because I wasn't sure how many adults would do it, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'd say at least 1/3 dressed up. I really think our kids loved that we did it with them. What we didn't know was that Alice in Wonderland was kind of a featured film for the party. They had a big long trick or treat trail that was full of the characters from the movie. We got to meet pretty much all the characters from the movie. They all loved that we had all dressed up in that theme. All the people who were back there handing out the candy were dressed as different cards. So Steve got a picture with a heart, diamond and spade and with the Queen of Hearts, I love that picture!! I got to pose with the Queen as well and because she's so big, it makes me look thin!!! Everyone loved Noah's costume too. I made his. I got a white foam posterboard, handpainted it to look like a wood door, added real hinges that I painted gold, carved it to look like the shape of a door, painted Noah's face gold, bought a red foam clown nose and painted it gold to be his knob and ta da a cosutme!! Several people ran around us just to see the front of it. Several of the candy hander outers gave him extra candy for his cool costume. I have to admit that it felt really good to get so much attention from something I made!! I also made Steve's costume. For his I bought a white shower curtain and cut it to fit. I cut out black felt clubs and the A's, then glued and later sewed them all on. He had black gloves, a black hat and I put a club around his nose, although you can't always tell that's what it is, it smeared when he sweated so much!! Mine and Abby's were just bought. I didn't know it was going to be so much fun to dress up, I can't wait to figure out what we're doing next year. Even Steve loved it and wants to do it again. It really made the party that much more fun!!




Minnie was dressed as a Halloween princess!




Mickey was a scarecrow!




The MadHatter was so funny, he kept knocking on Noah's door and asking him if he had found his key yet!




Two beautiful Queens!!




The Queen and her Court!




Waiting for the special fireworks show called Happy Hallowishes!!




Luckily the White Rabbit wasn't too late to stop for a picture!!




We also got to meet the Walrus which we had't met before




Abby, I mean Alice posed with one of the teacups after we went for a ride on them




A pair of Alices and some other characters!!




Having fun with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum!!!

6 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh my word! I was dying laughing. You are so good at making those. i want to go! I wan to be something so good too.

What can I say...they are all perfect. Charity is going to love these to death. I think we might do peter pan. I will be the dog "nanna" or whatever her name is.

Oh Steve's spade on his nose sent me over the edge.

Very cool!!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

I am glad that I had not read your post before examining every picture or the pic of Steve with the CLUB over his nose would not have been as funny!! You did a great job. I thought you sewned yours too until I read.

SamandSawyersMom said...

sewed I meant to say

SamandSawyersMom said...

no had sewn is the right way

Carrie said...

Those pictures are so great! Noah's costume is perfect. I can't believe you made that! Great job!!! I love all of your costumes you all look fantastic!

It makes me wanna go so bad!!!

Char said...

Oh wow!! I love the costumes! They are freakin cool! haha!
I so want to do that!! You did a great job making the guys costumes.
That is so cool that the feature film for the night was Alice in Wonderland!!!