Tuesday, October 23, 2007

update

We're doing much better now. We got the pump working and the drain finally working. The whole floor including the theater, Bengals room, bathroom, closets and unfinished space had two or three inches of water covering it. I took pics and video I'll show you some later. We now have the all the big amounts of water gone and we're just working on drying everything out. There were lots of boxes in the unfinished space and all of those have to be thrown out, hopefully there's not much in them to worry about, I don't think there is. Most of the important stuff is safely in plastic tubs. It's mainly the carpet we're worried about and we've been vacuuming it for the past 21/2 hours and it's much better, basically just a little wet or damp in some spots. We'll probably have to have someone out to professionally clean so it doesn't get mold or anything. Well thanks so much for the prayers. It's all working out now. Steve's Mom is bringing us two more giant industrial fans (she used to not have central air and she used them to cool her house), and my Mom came by earlier to bring another shop vac and she helped for awhile. So we feel blessed to have that help and that nothing important seems to be ruined. It's all stuff anyway!!! Thanks again!

3 comments:

Char said...

I'm glad everything worked out!:)

Carrie said...

Oh I am so glad things are getting dryed out. I was thinking about you just a few minutes ago wondering how things were going.

Thanks for the update.

SamandSawyersMom said...

wow, you poor thing. why does eveyone on these blogs seem so much more mature than me? don't answer that. you are taking it way better than I would!