Friday, January 25, 2008

Noah's 1st Basketball Game

Here's some pictures from Noah's first basketball game of this year. He's playing Upward at our church again. I really think that it's an awesome program and one that any of you should try out. It's all about the good things sports should be and also about Christ. They do halftime devotionals and even award kids starts for most Christlikeness (every kid gets an iron on star for their shirt every week, they have best defense, best offense, best sportsmanship, best effort, christlikeness, etc.). It's just such a positive and rewarding experience. They really take the time and effort to make sure that each kid feels special and a big part of the team, no matter how much talent they possess in the sport. I love it!




This is the first shot he made for the year!! I though I got a pretty good pic!!




Check out that defense!!





Dribbling and Passing




Going for the steal!




The halftime devotional




Running out of the tunnel when they announce the names




Running down the court.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

That is sooo cool!!! I would love to get Daws into that! I will have to look into it once we are all moved and settled. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the gold uniform!!! It looks great on him! You got some good shots!

Anonymous said...

those are great

i need to find a team for sammy too

i like the gold uniforms too

Char said...

OH how fun!! I love these pics. I didn't see this post! I did see the build a bear ones - I love taking the kids there. They look like they had a great time!