Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Outta here!

Well today will most likely be the last post before our trip. We are leaving Friday afternoon to drive down to Lexington where we will be staying the night. They have an indoor pool there, so we're going early to do some swimming and then dinner. We then leave at 6am Saturday for Disneyland!! Our first day we're going to visit Hollywood, the Disney Soda Shop and maybe a beach. Then Sunday we're spending our first day at Disneyland. It's Super Bowl Sunday so we're hoping the crowds might be a bit lighter that day, plus it may rain some. We're ready for the rain with our ponchos all set to go!!! I actually like it when it rains, because the crowds do thin out a bit. Monday we're going to Legoland and then the rest of the week it's Disneyland. Saturday we'll probably do some sightseeing before heading to the airport. We don't leave until 11 at night, so we still have the whole day. We're flying overnight, actually on two different planes. I'm flying with Abby and Steve is flying with Noah. With the airline points and things, we couldn't get on the same flights. But we arrive within 30 minutes of each other on Sunday morning!! I've actually had to fly with both kids alone before, so I'm not worried about that at all. I'm just hopeful that we'll be able to get a little bit of sleep!!

Today we're going to take the kids out to lunch and then surprise them with a Nintendo DS for each of them to take on the long plane rides. We got Abby pink, and Noah black. We got them a few games to go with them too. I think they are going to be so surprised. They both have been talking about them lately. Even Abby, which surprises me, started asking for one in the last few weeks. We were going to give them to them at Christmas, but decided to keep it until now. I'm excited to see how they react.

We're also going to visit our friends this evening, that just had their fourth baby. They had their third boy last Thursday and his name is Samuel Christian. We're so excited to meet him. He apparently looks just like his two older brothers, blonde hair and blue eyes! He weighed over 9 pounds at birth! I can't wait to see him!

Well our schoolwork at least for Noah has been light this week. He finished his Lifepac in Math and Language Arts either last Friday or this Monday and just has Bible and KONOS to do. Abby still has a full workload though! Today we're going to make a watercolor picture of the solar system and watch a Magic School Bus episode. We're also talking about November, we're almost finished with the months, and adding mini footballs to the tree of all seasons. Abby has learned adding up to 8+1 and subtraction up to 9-2. She's doing really well with the Math and seems to get it right away. She's on lesson 53 of her 100 lessons to reading book. Every lesson has a "story" to read at the end and the stories keep getting longer and longer. Today's was probably 10 sentences. I was very proud of her. She only needed to sound out about 1/3 of the words and just knew the rest. Noah is is doing subtraction with borrowing, linear measuring, word problems, etc.. and I think Math is his favorite. He's doing really well in it. We only have about 12 weeks worth of lessons to finish after the trip, so hopefully done sometime in early May. Well I think that's about it for now. I hope everyone has a great week and I'll post when we get home!

9 comments:

Crystal said...

So, you leave tomorrow morning for Lexington right? And then you fly to Legoland?? Then to Disney??? I'm confused. When will you come back home???

Sounds like the kiddos are learning alot! That's awesome! Daws likes math alot too....I guess he's not going to take after me and be horrible at it! He's actually pretty good at everything which is nice. Sounds like your kiddos are too!

I hope you have a blast!!! Think of me working my butt off on our house while you are having such a great time!!!! SM

Jamie said...

Legoland and Disneyland are all in the Los Angeles area, so we are staying at one hotel and visiting both! Sorry to confuse you! Yes we're leaving tomorrow for Lexington, but probably not until afternoon and then flying out of there early Saturday morning! I remember the days of hard house work, you know we built our house ourself and were responsible for the whole thing. Even burning all the wood scraps, picking up extra shingles, cleaning all the drywall dust and carpentry dust and all the painting and everything, so I definitely feel your pain!! It's all worth it though and you'll be so proud of your work!! I will think of you a lot though I'm sure!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

Wow, sounds like a busy but fun trip.

I have to agree about the rain. When we went to Disney, it poured and just as it stopped I looked around and the park was almost empty. It was nice. The "big game" thing will help with the crowds too.

Sammy wants a DS so bad. I have no idea why since he has a new game boy but you know kids. We plan on buying him his DS for his birthday, I guess. We have that long drive in Sept to Disney so he will probably enjoy using it then.

Did you get them the suite life game for the DS? that is why sammy is so excited to get a DS...ha. I am sure they will be thrilled.

Have fun on your trip. I should be at CVS a lot since i made 2 cashier friends (one is the shift manager) there last night and we talked for like 15 minutes and they agreed to do any coupons I had while it lasted. They said they have seen several memos about changed to come with the coupons. They said until they hear for sure, they will take them all. I still have ECB's that expire tomorrow, so I will be using your guide that you sent me, thank you.

I bought the freestlye freedom last night for free and then got back 10 ecb's. My new friends hooked me up. I told then that I wish you lived closer cause you get all the cashiers that give you a hard time. They both go and print off all the coupons too from the sites like we do.

Jamie said...

Girl, I would drive two hours for hassle free, fun CVS shopping!!!!

Jamie said...

No, we didn't get the suite life DS game, they haven't mentioned that one to us yet. we got a mario game, a princess peach (girly mario game), a build a bear game, a crayola game, dora saves the mermaids, a diego game, spongebob (you're favorite!!), and a pirates of the caribbean game. That seems like a lot, but Steve was able to get lots of different coupons and we got them at great prices. They were very thrilled and have been playing them a lot today! They were only allowed to chose one game to play with until the trip, so the rest will be new and fun for the flight. So far, they both love them. They especially love the chat thing, where they can write and even draw pictures to send back and forth to each other. The house has been so quiet today!!

Char said...

Have an awesome, safe trip Jamie!!

Carrie said...

Your trip sounds like its going to be so much fun! Have a great time, be safe and I look forward to lots of pictures when you return!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

oh that sounds so cool. See you today!!

she is picking me up to put in her suitcase

Crystal said...

HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A BLAST!!!!