Friday, January 11, 2008

Sorry I haven't posted. I guess when I get overwhelmed, the blog is the first to go. I will post soon, I promise. Christmas just was so awesome, but the mess it left was just too much. I have had the hardest time finding our house again among the mess!! And then we have Noah's party coming up on the 20th and then we're going to California on February 2nd. I don' t know why I do this to myself and schedule so much at one time, but oh well. I try to work so hard to give my kids parties they love and have so much fun at and this one has just drained me of ideas. I finally came up with the three games last night and have to work on them, I went out to party city today and got some of the paper products and ordered the balloons. I'm making the cake and have the mixes for that already. I just really have to concentrate on the games and cleaning the house. Cleaning is the biggie. Noah's legos have pretty much taken over our home!! They are everywhere and I'd love to tell him to take them to his room, but his room is filled to the brim with them already, plus I know he's getting tons more for his Birthday. And he loves them so much, that I would never ask people to not get them. I would never deny him happiness over my sanity!! SM I have a few ideas about how to clean out some things in his room to make more space for them, I just have to get my booty up there and do it!! I did at least choose to just order pizza for the food this time instead of the very labor intensive made to order omelettes and pancakes, which were a hit, but stressful for me, Steve and my Mom.

After the party comes the packing, cleaning up from the party and tying up loose ends such as where the dog will stay?????, the mail, finishing up our unit in school, all that fun stuff. I just can't wait to get to California and Disneyland and LegoLand. It's going to be great. I gotta keep my eye on the prize!!

Also this whole deal thing is taking over a huge part of my life and I was kind of glad to see that moneysavingmom did a post on this topic. I really have to reign myself in and set limits on when I go out and how often. Because right now it's like a new passion and it's all I think about!! I even dream about it!! I'm trying to get myself down to shopping just two days a week and that's it. But of course when there is a huge sale at CVS or something and I want to go like 8 times, what can I do??? SM Like the free batteries one!!! Oh well, I'm sure I'll work it out!! Well I just wanted to ramble on for awhile and since I probably won't comment much I'll take this opportunity to say:

Sonya: I absolutely adore the photos you got and can't wait to see them in person. You have such beautiful children and should be so proud of them. They are just gorgeous. Those pictures are worth every penny. I also love the cousin pictures, very cute!!

Crystal: Your niece is such a sweetheart, I bet she just melts you when you see her. I'm so glad Dawson is doing better and didn't have to go to the hospital. How's the moving going? When will you be in the new house? Can't wait to come visit it!

Lura: Great job on the deals, I definitely think you can do it on $40. I know I could if I wanted to, but when something is cheap I feel like I have to get 10 of them or something and that raises my bill up. Oh well, maybe once I reign myself in, I'll make an actual budget that I stick to. I love the preschool things, especially the cheerios A, very cool!!

Carrie: I can't wait to see the basement finished, I bet you can't either!! I love the mural with the trees the best, I bet it'll look so adorable. That is so exciting about the free trip, how awesome!! Can't wait to hear where you are going! I also loved the partyware you chose for Olivia's party. I cannot believe she's almost one, that's just crazy! Wow the time goes so fast!! She is such a beautiful girl! I can't wait to see her grow in the next year!

Charity: Love the new curtains. I think they will look great with that wall color! Those picture frames are so cute! I love it when my kids make something for me, it instantly becomes my absolute favorite!! That spinning frame is cool too, I'd love one of those! I can't believe that kid and his mother at the library, how rude. Don't they know it's a library!! I hate it when the parents just let there kids be crazy, it's ridiculous. Hopefully you won't have to deal with that again.

Amanda: I don't know if you can read this, but I am praying for you, your mother in law and your friend. I hope your Christmas went great. I can't wait to see pics of the kids with all of their new stuff. Let us know if you need us.

I think that's it. Love you all!!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh JAMERS, I was soo happy to see this big post!!! I bet Noah's party will be awesome! You are the only one that I know that has just as amazing birthday parties as Sonya.........me.....not so much! ha I bet it will be a blast and I can't wait to see the pics. When is Noah's birthday??

I loved how you commented on everyone's blogs on your post.....that was cool! Thanks for the nice words about my baby niece and I will answer your questions about the house on my blog later! Don't get too overwhelmed with cleaning and planning, take a deep breath and make a list and then follow it! Love ya!

MissSonya said...

Oh you are such a one of kind person coupy. First off, i wish you would take help. All you had to do was ask for help for the games...I would have figured out something. I already planned a couple for my article that I am writing on it. They aren't that great but they are something. I know for you it is more about the fact that YOU thought of them and not someone else. We are all here if you need us.

I am sure all the running will be worth it when you are in Sunny Cali and we are not.

Thanks for the kind words about my children..they are all true...SM.

I think you would feel better if you cut the bargain trips down too. I know I would like to go out more but just can't. It is a lot of fun huh?

I told you that I would keep your dog if you want to try it. If it is too hard, we wouldn't do it again. If it saves you a lot of money, i'd be happy to do it. They probably wouldn't even fight. Let me know if you want me to keep her. OR I COULD LIVE AT YOUR HOUSE FOR YOUR WHOLE TRIP...OH OH, I KNOW, I COULD GO WITH YOU AND TAKE CARE OF HER.

Just remember tomorrow will take care of itself!!

Be still and know that HE is God!!!

May God give you rest and peace!

Char said...

Yeah! A post!!
I know the feeling of being overwhelmed and I'm not even as busy as you are! haha!
I'm sure Noah's party will be a hit no matter what. He's a lucky kid!
California will be so much fun! I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures.
Speaking of Lego's - I know what you mean about them being all over. haha! I love Lego's as much as my kids, but I do get tired of them all over the place. I found big bins and we also use big baggies to sort the sets into. It keeps them pretty organized - the problem is trying to find a place to store them all!!!
I hope things slow down a little bit for you. I know they won't soon, but maybe take a few hours for yourself every day or so. It'll keep you refreshed and keep you from feeling too overwhelmed - atleast it's supposed to. Atleast that's what I've heard. haha!
I seriously can't let myself get too obsessed with the shopping thing or I'll go crazy. It overwhelms me - the amount of coupons I have overwhelms me somethings too and I only get 1 paper!!!!
Take care and take some nice deep cleansing breaths! hehe