Tuesday, September 22, 2009

94

I love this picture because you get a rare glimpse of his open eyes and he's cuddling his cute little wubba nub binky!!

Today is day 12 and we have 94 to go to Christmas and hopefully Johsua's homecoming. We had a good day today. He gained a little weight again. He's stomach contents are continuing to lessen and become clearer. All good things. Tomorrow is the dilation procedure. They will do it at his bedside, probably in the morning during the surgical rounds. They ordered morphine, so I guess this might not be a comfortable thing for him. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I spoke with the neonatologist today, she's very nice and always stops by to talk to me, and she said when they do this tomorrow he may be able to immediately expel some stool. We're hoping. That's a huge step to being able to be fed some breastmilk. Oh I'm praying it'll happen, if not right away, then very soon.

In other news, we were upgraded to a private room today. I can't even believe I'm typing that!! There's only 11 or so private rooms and between 40 and 50 babies in the regular rooms. I know it's a huge blessing to have been given this. It is going to make our stay a whole lot easier. We have a private bathroom with shower, a pull out sleeper sofa, a rocking chair we don't have to fight to keep in our space, and I can pump in the room and not have to leave Joshua!! Plus, there's a window!!! I am elated about that. I so wanted my son to see and feel sunshine and be able to get glimpses of the beautiful fall. I was so thrilled to see that we had a window!! There's also a desk area with internet access, for us to use, which means Steve can work in the room and not have to leave the area. Plus we have privacy!! No longer, do I have to stare at all the nurses and babies in the shared room. Oh, it's so nice!! I could go on and on. It totally is a huge blessing. I can't believe it!! I'll have pictures of it tomorrow!

Speaking of tomorrow, we're changing up the schedule so both Steve and I can be at the hospital with Joshua during the procedure and the kids are staying home and Grammy's coming to stay with them. I'll be so glad to see my husband, we've just been passing ships the past couple days!!

Last Thursday we snuck out of the hospital to take Noah and Abby to Disney on Ice. My mom stayed with the baby that night for us, which of course she can't do anymore since they've imposed the new visitor restrictions. So here's just a couple pics from that. With all the smoke and fog they put out with the show, my pictures look terrible. But in case you wanted to see, here they are!! It came at the perfect time, because we had just learned that Joshua would be staying until Christmas and we would have to cancel our planned December Disney trip. So we got just a little taste that night. They did a section of the show devoted to the It's A Small World ride and I got teary eyed!! I love that place!! So that's it for tonight. More tomorrow.






3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay for the private room! What a relief that must be. I am happy for you all. Praise God for windows, too!!

Lura said...

Cute! So happy for you that you got a private room!! The Disney on ice looks neat. I love the Nemo outfits! Very cool!

Char said...

Neat pics! The costumes are pretty neat.