Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 17 - Bengal Pride



Today is day 17 of Joshua's life and hospital stay which leaves us just 89 days until his hopeful homecoming. Yay, we've made it under 90 days now!!


Not too much happened today in Joshua's care, he had a pretty quiet day. Tomorrow things will be different as they do the study of his intestines and possibly insert a feeding tube. And also he may be getting that nasal tube out. So we'll have a lot to share tomorrow. He is still right around 7lbs 11ozs in weight. He is having lots of bowel sounds which is a great sign. It means things are moving in there. It appears that things are moving in the right direction for him and we're so thrilled.


This morning, after we dropped off Daddy at the hospital, the kids and I ran to Wal-Mart. I needed to get Abby some shoes for the fall/winter and while we were there we saw the Bengals jerseys. Noah was already wearing his and so we decided to get Joshua a matching one to Noah's. As I'm typing this, it's the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left, so hopefully it'll bring them some luck!! I just thought he looked so darn cute in the jersey!! I can't wait to bring him home so I can get pictures of Noah and Joshua together in their matching jerseys!!

I stayed with the kids in the morning because they were going to go to a family birthday party with my parents which included a dinner and bowling. They had a great time with that. I've already picked them up and in a few minutes we'll be leaving to go get Daddy. I just have to brag on him for a minute. Boy did I hit the jackpot with him. He has been such a great support and just an awesome Daddy during all of our marriage and especially at this time. I could not do all this without him. I really feel like that's been a blessing to come out of this situation and that's a building of our relationship. I wish that could've happened under easier circumstances, but it is what it is.

Well I need to go pump again before we leave. So have a great night and Who-Dey!! (I hope!!)

2 comments:

Char said...

He looks adorable in the jersey! He looks so much like his brother. They'll look really cute together in them.

Amanda said...

What a sweetie!

Glad you had a good day with Noah and Abby.

You are blessed with a wonderful husband and family!

Love to you all.