Saturday, March 17, 2007

Beauty and the Beast



Noah and the Beast. He had tons of make-up on but when he was up on the stage, it didn't seem so crazy like that!!




Abby and Belle




Noah and Lumiere who was very good as well!!!




Before the show




Abby and Sammy with Mrs. Potts


Well today we saw the Children's Theater production of Beauty and the Beast. It was really good I thought. I hadn't been to any of their other productions, so I didn't know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. Every thing was really well done. I was also really surprised at the talent these kids had. They were really good. Belle was played by a 16 year old girl and she was just outstanding. I found no flaws at all in her performance. Her voice was beautiful and she acted very well. The girl who played Mrs. Potts was also very talented especially her singing and she was only 12!! The boys also did well...the Beast and Gaston especially. They sang well and did their parts pretty good too!! I was just really impressed with the whole production and when they do Cinderella in September I hope to go as long as it's not when we're on vacation.

2 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh those are cute. you are right, you couldn't tell beast even had make up on stage. they were all very good. i can't believe mrs.potts was 12. she was my 2nd favorite. belle was amazing and her voice...whoa. i didn't care at all for the man beast, but the scary beast was great. The man beast almost ruined the mood at the end. It was good. I would see anything they did especially since the seating is general and everyone gets a fair chance without being rich. For once, a mom who is willing to give her time over her checkbook is rewarded. Next time, i'd choose seats a little left or right of center since we saw the conductors head really bad but they were really close.
Thanks for all the goodies.

Jamie said...

Yeah I totally agree with the "clean beast", I told Steve I thought he was really bad. Especially when he sang. I told him I wished they had just put up a bunch of that smoky stuff and cleaned his face off, he was so much better!!