Tuesday, March 27, 2007

today's news

Well today I took Noah for his 7 year check-up today which unfortunately was 2 months late, due to a forgetful Mommy. He is now 4 feet 1 and a quarter inch tall and weighs 54pounds. Everything checked out good except for his eyes. They did the usual vision check and found that both eyes are now 20/50. His pediatrician said that's not horrible, but he needs to see an optometrist to determine if he needs glasses now or not. I knew this was going to come, I just didn't think it would be this early. Steve found out his eyes needed correction in 3rd grade. I was a little bit upset though, it's just hard to hear that your baby isn't perfect!!! I know in the grand scheme of things, it's no big deal, but I still wished he wouldn't have that problem. I never mentioned before that Abby also has serious tooth problems. She already has a tremendous underbite, her top teeth go behind the bottom. When we saw the dentist last August, he said she will more than likely have to wear braces and even the big ugly headgear, but probably only at night, thank goodness!! He wants to wait until she's more like Noah's age and is getting permanent teeth to determine the best course of action. So Noah got Steve's eye problems and Abby got my teeth problems, although my teeth problems weren't this severe, I just needed braces for two years!! Oh well, what can I do? I guess just love them anyway with all the flaws!!!! I am glad though that we found out he has this problem where he can't see well things that are far away because we can fix it now before it becomes a big problem and affects his schoolwork and everything.

I hadn't mentioned yet, that my papa was let go from his job two weeks ago. He actually has been in good spirits about it and feels relieved to be out from under the "awful people" he worked for and the "worst work environment". He actually got a call back from a big company today and will be going to interview on Thursday. He sounded very excited about it, he's worked there before and was laid off about 15 years ago. He loves working there and is just praying he can get back on. We're praying for him too.

Well that's pretty much all of our exciting news for now. I'm taking the kiddies for their Easter pic tomorrow after school. I hope that goes well, you just never know!! I made all of our dining priority seating for Disney today. We're in the window now to do that. We still haven't however chosen a resort!! It looks like we'll be definitely getting the free dining plan, so we're trying to decide if we should just save the money we would've spent on that or just use to go to a more expensive resort. Decision, decisions!!! We love the Contemporary, that's where we stayed last time we went and that's our expensive choice, for our moderate choice Noah and I are leaning towards Caribbean Beach because we haven't been there yet and we want to do the beach thing and then the Value choice is probably Pop Century. We've been there a few times, but we really like it. Oh well, maybe we'll decide sometime!! We'd also like prayers in regards to our children's education. We're just not sure we're satisfied with the current situation and are consideriing other options. Well I guess that's all folks!!

8 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Boy was it nice to see a post from you. Well the eyes thing would be hard for me too. He will look adorable in glasses too. Besides, he may not need them forever. As far as Abby and her teeth, same thing. She is cute any way you slice it.
I am thrilled that your daddy got an interview. Let us know how it goes.
Oh the free meal plan sounds so good. I HOPE so much that we get that when we go. I will be stressed figuring out all those meals to register for or whatever you do. Save the dang money Jamie! Put it in your pocket for next time you go. Or do a good deed with it (I know a friend who could buy a lot of scrappin crap with it). Anyway, I think planning the Disney trip is as much fun as going. I loved that. I can't wait to go again.

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh i know what I wanted to say...ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? What is wrong with the education? You are in the top school district in this whole area. What could be wrong??

Jamie said...

It's not so much the teachers as it is the other kids......

Lura said...

Too bad there's nothing going on in your life to write about! Ha ha. I found out in 3rd grade that I needed glasses and look how I turned out! My kids have no chance of having good eyes. Charity is the only one on both sides that doesn't wear glasses and I think she's supposed to have them? Praying that your dad gets the job!

Crystal said...

I am supposed to wear glasses but I don't and I have soft teeth so I get cavities all the time. I sure hope Daws follows Shawn in that area, he has perfect eyesight and has never had a cavity in his life. Cam on the other hand, needs braces and he has worn glasses since he was in the third grade. You get used to the glasses and they eventually just become a part of them, you don't even notice them anymore. Cam is so used to them he sometimes forgets to take them off when he takes a shower or goes to bed.....they have some cool stylish glasses now too so he should look cute in them if he needs them. I'm praying for your papa! Hope he gets the job!

Char said...

I don't even want to know if I need glasses! I'm sure I do and eventually I will go get my eyes checked. We've gotten Jake's checked and thankfully he has better than 20/20 vision! Shew!
Email me and tell me where you are eating!
We've stayed at POP and love it there, but like you said, you could stay some place nicer with free dining. I love Disney planning!!!! :)

Char said...

Oh and how did you get the free dining plan? I haven't seen the codes or any info on that yet??? How did you find out?

Char said...

Ok, I think I found it. I looked it up on mousesavers.com and found it. :) Sorry, I'm just Disney obsessed! I don't think we'll be able to go for about 3 or 4 years, but it'll be ok. I'll live vicariously thru you all who are going shortly! :) Don't be afraid to give me details. I love details. haha! I read other peoples trip reports. That's how sick I am with the Disney fever. haha. I'm so happy for you and your family!