Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Speedy Delivery


Hey, excuse miss maillady, you got my check in there????


Today Abby got to learn all (well all they cared to share with us) about the post office. We learned that mail can be delivered by truck, boat, car, bicycle, train, plane and even donkey...yes donkey!! Then we all learned that it costs .39 to mail a letter, who knew!! Then the hit of the whole show was getting to peer inside an empty mail truck, wow that was worth standing out in the 20 something degree weather for!! No, really I was a bit disappointed in this trip, I really thought we were going to see some cool behind the scenes stuff, but nothing, just the lobby and the mail truck, that's all!! Oh, well, hopefully the kids liked it, but I can pretty much guarantee they only remember sitting in the mail truck, oh and when the letter they sent themselves arrives, they'll probably remember that too!!

8 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

i think you were bummed because the mail room was not filled with beavers.

i talked to her and i am doing it but only one and only during the work day...whew!

Abigail looks adorable as usual.

thanks for the talk today...

love,
Fraudy

Char said...

You know, I don't think legally they are allowed to let you in the back part of the post office. Or maybe because of "hightened security" they aren't allowed anymore. My dad was a mail man, and I remember him saying that I wasn't even allowed to touch the mail that he was delivering. He did take me in the back with him though! :)

Jamie said...

Yeah, I guess that would be true, I just wish they woulld've added a disclaimer to the permission slip or something!! I mean the lobby...come on, I can go there anytime and at Christmas it's even neater to see all the people acting crazy trying to ship stuff!! Now that's a good field trip!!

Sonya, you're a sucker....nuff said!!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

I am not a sucker! One child during business hours and she says she is going to pay me. Of course, we will see about that but a sucker??? I do think you are too hard on poor ol me.

SamandSawyersMom said...

darny!

SamandSawyersMom said...

hello where the heck are the frogs if they ain't jumping the log??

Jamie said...

They all became princes and went to their castles...

Crystal said...

Uhm I have to ask, are you two drunk??