Wednesday, March 7, 2007

HumpDay

Well I've finally gotten over my disappointment about cancelling the paris trip, but I think it's going to work out in the end. FI everything works out with hubby's job, this next year we will be in a much better place to be shelling out the big bucks for an oversea trip. But as always with his work, they tell you lots of things, but rarely make do on their promises!! We just have to keep the faith!! So, we have decided to go back to WDW this year instead. WE're going at the end of September and celebrating Abby's 5th Birthday there. We've already celebrated mine, Steve's and Noah's there so it was her turn!! Noah's was actually his 5th as well, so that'll be nice and fair!! Wow, I can't believe I just said Abby's 5th Birthday, hello she's the baby, 5 is not baby!!! That's another post... So we're going to have 10 and 1/2 days there. Last night we just went through all of the crowd calendars and schedules to figure out which parks we'll be going to on what days and then from that figuring out where we want to make dining plans. We picked a few places we hadn't eaten at yet like the Coral Reef, Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge and the Ohana breakfast, but also put in some of our favorites such as Le Cellier in Canada at EPCOT, the Liberty Tree character meal and Tony's. It gets me excited when we start making these definite plans. We're also going to Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party, which we haven't done before. That should be lots of fun. I can't wait to get all of some great costumes for that!! According to my countdown calendar which me and the kiddies made, we have 195 days left and as the time gets closer, I'll have more info to share....like where we're staying!!! We still can't decide on that one!!


Well I"m also very excited about Saturday's crop-a-thon! I got 233 pictures on CD that I'm taking to Costco tonight, and meeting Sonya there to get her pics printed as well. I also ordered some new Creative Memories stuff today. I'm no longer a Consultant, but they added online ordering and direct shipping recently, so I just placed an order with my old upline and had it sent 2-day priority so hopefully I'll get it Friday!! I would love to have some of the new stuff. I love their new Power Pallette line, it makes it all so much easier...you know what I mean Charity??? Have you tried them yet?? I have the first 4 and I use them all of the time!! I ordered the 5th one today. Well with all of that coming, I'm really excited. I already packed up all of my stuff too!! I am so ready, I just have to figure out what food I'm taking and what clothes I'll be wearing, you gotta think comfort!!

Well, I think that's all that's on my mind right now. Tomorrow Noah has a music concert at school, so I'll have that to share tomorrow night. Oh, I know...if anyone has tips on making hardwood floors sparkle, I'd love to hear them. I usually clean them with the Murphy's oil soap stuff, but they're never as shiny as I'd like them. Do I need to wax them or something? I honestly have no idea what I'm doing with that and any help would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!! Happy Humpday

9 comments:

Crystal said...

I know some people use a little vinegar to help shine hardwood but I think hardwood flooring companies are against using that or oil based cleaners. The best thing to use is a polyurethane cleaner, you can probably go to a hardware store and find a product to use.

Don't use furniture polish!!! Your floor will turn into an instant slip and slide! ha ha I made that mistake years ago!!!

Char said...

Floor - "use a clean cloth and spray it with vinegar, drop the cloth on the floor and push it around. don't use an acrylic floor wax on a floor with a urethane finish." This is out of my organic cleaning book.
Scrapbooking - I don't have the Power Pallette line, but I would love one! I think they would be perfect to use to finish an album. Easy and fast too! Which is your favorite? Did you see all the new baby products! They are very nice!! Very nice!!
Disney - you have no idea how jealous I am of your trip to Disney! I would just about kill for a trip to Disney right now! KILL!! ;) I can't wait to hear more of your plans. We have eaten at Coral Reef. Try and sit by the aquarium. We ate there at lunch time and would like to go at dinner because I think we'd have more choices in food. Are you doing the dining plan? We have eaten at Tony's, but no other ones that you mentioned, BUT, they are on our list for next year. Especially Le Cellier. I've heard nothing but good things about it. And Ohana breakfast - good things! Do you know about Deb's site with all the menu's for the restaurants on it? I absolutely LOVE looking them over and figuring out what I'd get if we ate there. haha (Dorky, I know, but it keeps me sane!) I also read people's trip reports on Passporter.com. I love that site. They are so nice and friendly on there! Happy planning!

Jamie said...

Yeah we're doing the dining plan. I really like it because we use that opportunity to go to the more expensive restaurants when we normally wouldn't have, but end up spending only a little bit more than a counter service place. OH, Le Cellier is absolutely delicious. WE went there for the first time in April last year and now we're planning to go twice this time. It is so good!! Yeah I saw the new baby stuff, I ordered all the girl stuff and some of the boy stuff too. I think the papers and stuff can be used on any age girl or boy page, not just baby. I think it's all really cute. I especially like the rocket stuff in the bright boy sections (paper and stickers). I can't wait to see it all. Thanks for the tips on the floor, I'm definitely trying them!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

i am reading now so back off homey

SamandSawyersMom said...

Floor: Don't clean it at all. It is very enviromentally friendly and cheaper.

Disney: I am jealous too. I haven't eaten at a single one of those places but I still loved Disney. I don't even know the names of the places I ate at except the one at MGM with the tiny chocolates....yum. The meal plan sounds very pricey to me but I get the point of being able to eat at better places. We might do that...especially if we have someone tell us where to go. YES, SO MANY OF YOU WOULD LOVE TO, I AM SURE!!

I am excited about the crop too and I am planning on getting so much done. i am very scared though because I do not know if I have the paper I need. i haven't had a chance to check and hobby lobby's paper is no longer on sale! Oh I hope I do not get there and have nothing. i haven't checked my paper in forever!

SamandSawyersMom said...

i apoligize that I ignored all of your blogs. my friend james was nice enough to call and yell at me and now I am on top of it

Jamie said...

I didn't yell at you!!!

Crystal said...

You ignored whose blogs??? I'm confused!

SamandSawyersMom said...

time overdue to post