Sunday, March 18, 2007

Ready to Roll

Well I guess I'm ready to start this really scary and "drastic" diet!!! Tomorrow marks day number 1 and I've spent the last few hours trying to set myself up for success. First of all, all weekend I've been enjoying all the foods I'll miss the most so that I won't immediately be craving them!! I've had pizza, ice cream, pasta, chicken nuggets and fries, cheetos, chocolate and tonight I'll be having one of my absolute favorites...Campbells Potato Soup!! Oh, I've also had several glasses of chocolate milk!! To actually get ready I've made my sugar free jello for tomorrow, I made 8 hard boiled eggs for the next couple days, I portioned out lean groud beef into patties and packaged them in twos (I have 10 portions), and also portioned out lean pork chops (8 portions). I cleaned up the kitchen really well, so I won 't be frustrated to come in there and make whatever food I need to. I got my water bottle cleaned up and ready to go. I have to make special tube sized ice cubes to fit into my water bottle, so I'm doing that. I worked on my suitcase to hot mama island (like I made Sonya) and I have that pretty much ready to go. I cleaned out a drawer in our pantry for just my stuff, so I don't have to root through all the other foods to find what I can have. I'm trying to think of things to do in the first few days to keep myself busy. If I stay out of the house, I'll be less tempted, so hopefully I can be away. I'll be doing my official first weigh-in tonight at 7:30 and then I'll do them every Sunday at 7:30 from then on. I still have to get some more chicken breasts and lean steaks. I'll probably get those tomorrow and portion them out as well. Oh yeah, I also made two pitchers of Crystal-lite!! I believe all this prep will at least make the first two days easier, we'll see what happens after that. I do feel much more pressure I guess to do good because I have someone to be accountable to and whom I don't want to let down. My biggest downfall will probably be the exercise. I really hate exercise in general. I'm going to start daily walking and we'll see how I progress from there. I'd like to work on stretching and flexibility to. When I took dance in high school, I was the only one who could do the straddles all the way down and I'd love to gain back some of that flexibility. Mainly I want to be a positive role model for my children especially Abby. It is very important to take care of yourself and I want her to know that, not because I told her but because I showed her. I'm not so worried about fitting into that special pair or jeans or whatever, I just want to feel healthier, have more energy and be around for my kiddies as long as God intends for me to be, not even a minute shorter because I was so unhealthy. Well I guess every journey begins with the first step and tomorrow when I wake up at 7:40am, it begins for me!! Bring it on!!!

14 comments:

Jamie said...

Sonya, I just saw that Meijer has big bags of boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders on sale for buy one get one free. It says their 12.99 a bag. I'm going to get those tomorrow!! Just thought you'd like to know!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

Yeah, i get those every time they are on sale for bogo which is one a month usually. You are so with it. With that prep you are not going to have any trouble. i have not only done none of it, but I do not have a thing i can eat here so i will starve until i get to the store. I won't cheat though. Stay with it Jamie, I know it will be tough. you will feel so proud of yourself when you lose inches. I always do. The first 2 weeks is the only horrible part. The first week, the worst. I know you can do it. i love your gusto.

SamandSawyersMom said...

how are you doing...have you eaten your eggs yet. I have eaten nothing yet

Lura said...

Your prep is wonderful! That is a lot of what you need to do to succeed. The first 3 days will be the hardest in my opinion. You will go through sugar and caffiene withdrawl. You'll probably get a headache and just want to go to bed. Just stick with it though. You will feel so "clean" after getting through it! I never worry about exercise in the beginning. If I try to do both, I'm bound to fail. I try to get one going well first and then add the other. Just my thoughts. Hope you have a great day and I'm here if you need support!

SamandSawyersMom said...

lura, you are so sweet. i have never seen this side of you. i think i will diet just to see lura being so nice!

Char said...

Haha!

Char said...

Wow, your prep work will pay off! That's great! I wish I could be that organized everyday, diet or not. I take it you guys are doing the low carb diet?

Jamie said...

Yeah, we're doing the low-carb. The south beach food list said you could still have one or two caffeinated beverages a day and I'm going to be having one at lunch only (hopefully) I just don't want to deal with the sugar withdrawal at the same time as the caffeine. I have a tendency to get migraines and when I go most of a day with caffeine it usually sparks one, so hopefully a Diet Coke at lunch will be enough for me!! I have had my two hard boiled eggs and a light string cheese and already drank 4 glasses of water!! Now, Abby and me are going for a walk before it rains. I don't mind walking, so I'm starting the exercising with that. So far so good!!

Char said...

Being home all day I know I tend to munch. So I found that if I chew gum it helps me not to munch. Another thing you can do is brush your teeth because I don't know about you, but I don't like to eat after I brushed my teeth because they are really clean and all! :)

SamandSawyersMom said...

that is a good tip charity. i have been chewing on my gum constantly. i will try the teeth brushing thing too although my water will taste funny though....if anna nichole coverage was on, this would not be as hard.

SamandSawyersMom said...

jamie, are you still a dieter?

Char said...

Jamie?! Are you ok? Come back to us.... I hope your doing well today with your diet! I'm cheering for you! :)

Crystal said...

Jamie, don't beat yourself up if you couldn't stick to this diet, try making up a diet of your own that you can live with, I think that's what Lura does and it seems to work for her. Maybe this just isn't the right one for you.

If you are doing well with it, that's great but if not, don't feel bad, just try something different! Hope you are doing okay!

Lura said...

Not exactly sure what happened with you today with the diet, but I'm here to offer whatever support I can!