Monday, April 16, 2007

zoos and monday morning blues!!!



The North American Wild Daddies carry their young on their shoulders!!




Boys will be boys, I guess!!




Noah, Aaron and a rhino!





Hello Mr. Polar Bear



Checking out the gorillas




The lions, the one yawning is the one who snapped at us!




The tulips were blooming and they were just beautiful




All 4 kids!!


Well this weekend was a nice end to our Spring Break. Baseball practice was cancelled on Saturday so we went out and picked up Riley for a few hours and we went shopping for awhile. It was a nice day. We finally bought a stand alone freezer. I hate rearranging the freezer everytime I go grocery shopping so I can squeeze everything in. Plus when there's a great sale on something I can only buy what will fit and hopefully now I can get a lot more at that great price. Sunday we celebrated Steve's Mom's 75th Birthday. We met her and Steve's sister's family at the zoo. I have to say, I think this was the absolute best zoo experience I've ever had. First the weather was in my opinion perfect. It was just a bit chilly and windy, but we were all dressed appropriately so we weren't really cold. Second, it was as if we were the only ones there. I think we may have seen 20 people total in the 3 hours we were there. Third, the animals...they were all out today (except the komodo dragon and he's never out) and they were all putting on shows. It was incredible. The gorillas all were out running around and one even beat his chest like you see on t.v.!! I've never seen them do that in real life!! Then the lions were just the best. The two males were out and one of them got up and walked around for awhile. He went over to this corner that was really close to the walkway where we were. Well Steve and I walked over to be as close as we could to him and I was trying to get a picture of his face looking at me. He was so close we could hear him breathing and we started making a little noise to get him to look at me and he looked real quick once and then he turned towards Steve and actually growled and lunged at him!! It scared me to death. I wish I could've gotten it on video. It was incredible. I grabbed Steve's arm and nearly peed my pants!! I ran to the family who had moved on and Steve stayed a few more minutes. It was so awesome. Well after that nothing was as cool as that, but we did enjoy the rest of the zoo. We then went back to Steve's sister's house for dinner and gifts. The kids all played for awhile, Noah and Abby love playing with their cousins Aaron (age 8) and Julie (age 4) who are just the perfect ages for our kids. It's great. We had a nice chicken dinner and then came home. It was a wonderful day. This morning, it was hard to get up and get back to the usual routine, but with knowing there's only 6 weeks of school left, I think I can get through it. Well my Sonya has inspired me to do some clean sweeping, so today I'm doing the kitchen. I hope to get rid of a lot of useless stuff and make room for our new freezer in the pantry. It will fit if I can make the room. Then we'll put some shelves up over it for more storage. It's gonna be great. Well hopefully I can get that done today, so it's not all over the house!! Have a great day!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun! I would have really peed my pants if I saw that lion do that........YIKES! When I was 5 and at the Zoo with my kindergarten class, a seal bit me! It was sooo scary! My mom was there and saw it because she was one of the helpers that day.

Sonya inpired my cleaning too! It helps to take a pic of the mess and then again when it's finished! It's very rewarding! Happy cleaning and congrats on the new freezer!

SamandSawyersMom said...

Well, look who posted...finally.


Oh I bet the zoo was great with that few of people there. Of course, I do not enjoy the animals all that much but I like the way my kids like them.

It cracks me up that i inspired anyone to clean. Usually people feel much more comfoprtable with their own messes when they see mine... but thank you. I like being "your" Sonya. I would feel even better if my name was Emily or a really common name. Then it would be very cool to be "your" Emily. But I will take what i can get.

I LOVED the picture of the dads holding the girls. Wow, that was neat.

That gorilla would have had me in a fetal position.

What are your dates that you can scrap in May? We need to plan that soon. Crys will probably want to come and maybe carrie so we can do one more at the corps and then switch to your house. let me know.

Thanks for posting. Please do it again within the week...SM

Jamie said...

I really love the zoo, probably as much as the kiddies do!! I have been working on the kitchen and so far I'm about half done. I still have the pantry to work on and that's a BIG job, it's a disaster in there. Maybe I should take a picture!! I will look up the dates and call you to discuss the crop, I hope everyone comes, it was a lot of fun last time. I did get a picture of the daddies from the front too, but didn't dare post that one!! Have a good day

SamandSawyersMom said...

wow you even responded. i think you are turning over a new blog leaf.

Amanda said...

The zoo trip sounds (and looks) so cool! We have a pass so I hope to go a lot this summer.
How did a seal bite you Crystal? That sounds like it could be an interesting post!
I hope that you got your freezer in place and can start filling it! I am trying so hard to clean, but whatever I do the kids undo.
How are the glasses going?