Thursday, April 5, 2007

I'm Back!!

Well I hope you're ready for a long post!! I have lots of pictures to share, but I'll post those later, just words for now!! I've been sick and now finally feel 100% again, so I'll catch you all up!! Well Saturday went really well. I got 18 pages done at the crop and since then have done about 12. I only have 8 left to catch Abby up including her Easter party from today!! Yay, an end to the behind-ums is in sight!! The kids went with Daddy to their Easter egg hunt on Saturday too. They had lots of fun and came home with some cool prizes. A new batman utility belt and two stuffed doggies!! I really enjoyed my girl time though, I learned a ton and had some very helpful conversations!!! It was so nice to finally meet Crystal, I really enjoyed having her there. She made the evening even more fun and lively and I hope she continues to come when we all get together!!

Sunday we went to church and then to Mickey D's for lunch. We also did a little shopping and then went home. I finally got to take an hour or so nap. My friend Sonya called. THe recap of those events are posted on her blog!! After returning home from my attempted trip, I just watched t.v. with the hubby for awhile and went to bed.

Monday was pretty normal. I did a little housework, played with Abby and did a few scrapbook pages. When Noah got home from school we dyed our eggs and then we ordered pizza for dinner and ate it outside. Daddy decided to do the first mowing of the season and we watched him when he got far enough out to not shoot rocks at us. (My Dad was almost blinded by a rock being shot from a lawnmower, he still wears glasses from it and has a huge scar, let's just say I'm a little paranoid!!) We have a riding mower and the kids were dying to take a spin on it. So he took them out on it, but not mowing just riding around. They just went around the yard a couple times, but they loved it and I got some cute pics!!

Well Tuesday morning I woke up feeling very sick to my stomach, last night's pizza was still sitting in the tum-tum and I was feeling horrible. Needless to say, the body got rid of the pizza and lots of other things!!! I tried to keep going with the day because Tuesdays and Thursdays are so busy with both kids going to school and being kind of rushed from that. So I kept up with the schedules and after I picked up Abby at 11:15, we ran out to my Mom and Dad's house to deliver some DVD's I made them. On the way home I felt completely exhausted. I had not eaten since 6 the night before and my energy was just completely gone. I was just praying to make it home so I could sleep!! Every mile seemed like 100, and we live 40 minutes away as it is. It just dragged on, but I finally made it home and went straight to bed. Thank goodness my husband works from home and can handle Abby a bit while I rest. Well after my nap, I thought I felt better and got up and helped Noah get ready for baseball practice, but I soon realized I wasn't better yet. I ended spiking a fever of 101.8 and stayed in bed the rest of the night.

Wednesday, I was feeling better stomach and fever wise, but still weak and I had a residual headache hanging on. I still hadn't eaten and by the time I did at noon on Wednesday it had been 42 hours!! Well at least I lost 3.5lbs during the whole ordeal!! I had my usual sick day chicken noodle soup and I started to perk up. Last night, we went to Steve's Mom's for the evening. She's hoping to move out of the house she's lived in for over 40 years and wants us to come and pick the things we want to keep so she can get rid of the rest. It was so fun to go through some of the really old stuff. We especially enjoyed getting some of the things that had belonged to Steve's dad who passed away when Steve was only 3. We got two paintings he made later in his life, one with a small boy in the scene whom Steve's mom says his Dad said was Steve. We got his safety helmed he wore at work, his favorite fishing hat (he was a VERY good fisherman and loved doing it) and some really cool old cameras and a video camera. We also brought home some stuff that was his mama's too!! But she's already given us alot of her stuff over the years. We still have tons to get out of there including Steve's childhood stuff and his old Star Wars things. It'll probably take us 5 trips to get it all!! She made us a nice dinner and we enjoyed spending the evening with her. On the way home, Noah complained of a very bad earrache and I feared he was getting an infection, so we gave him ibuprofen and a warm compress and it eventually got better so he could go to bed. This morning he said it was completely gone, Hopefully it really is!!

Well today Abby had her Easter party at school. They invited all parents, but I was the only one who came. I feel kind of sad for the other kids, but at least my Abby will always remember me being at all the parties!! They did a really cool thing with hardboiled eggs that I hadn't done before. They put the eggs inside a wire mesh strainer that was inside a big tub. She then poured vinegar all over the eggs, then dots of food coloring, she only chose two colors because she said more than that and it looks too muddy. So she dotted yellow on first and then kind of lightly shook the tub so the color ran all over and then dotted red and shook again. She then splashed just a bit of water over them and let them dry. They turned out really cool, I'll have to show you pictures. I was very impressed and it was so less messy than the other way of coloring eggs!! They played some games and made cross bead necklaces. It was a very nice party.

Well our biggest problem this week has been with our tires. Last week we noticed one tire was slowly leaking air and we just kept filling it back up every couple of days and it was doing fine. (Luckily we have the tire pressure gauge thingy inside our car so it tells us exactly what the pressure is in each tire all the time and it makes it much easier to know when we need to put some air in). Well over the weekend and into Monday we were having to fill it more often and we knew we needed to just get a new tire. So Tuesday was busy with Baseball and everything and we took it Wednesday to get a new tire. After they examined it, they determined that both of the back two were almost bare and needed to be replaced and the front two were beyond they recommended wear as well. Well our tires are a very odd size so they had to order them from another store and they wouldn't be here until today. This morning the pressure in one of them was so low I had to go immediately to the air pump and fill it before I could take either kid to school and we were very rushed. I just remained calm, took deep breaths (I always get panicky when I might be late for school) and gave it all to God. I just prayed I could get both kids to school, back to Abby's for her party and then I could get back to the tire store. Sure enough, I kid you not, we pulled into the tire store at 11:30 and the back tire was hissing!! It had not done that at all, even when I was loading Abby up into the car at her school. Just when we got to the tire store. Boy, that God really delivers!! So we now have 4 shiny new tires and I couldn't be happier!!

Well that's pretty much what's been happening around here lately. Now I need to clean up the pigsty some, it always gets really bad when I'm sick!!! We're excited about just relaxing and having some quiet days at home during Spring Break next week. And of course we're ready for Easter. I have all the kids stuff except one more thing for Noah. I made Riley a little basket to take to my parents on Sunday when we go there for dinner and I put jars of baby food in it and I rolled little socks and put them into the eggs!! I thought it was cute!! I also got him a My First Easter Bunny and a little rubber ducky. It's cute!! Well maybe after I get some cleaning done, I'll post all the pics. Good day all!!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I'm so glad you're back Jamie!! I've missed you! I can't wait to see all of your pictures....those eggs sound really cool! I'm glad you got your tires too.....I hate worrying about car trouble! It's so stressful.

I enjoyed hanging out with you too! It was nice to finally meet you and I would love to do more stuff with you and Sonya!! I need to hang out more with friends.

I'm glad you are feeling better!

Char said...

Nice long post! I liked it! :)
Sounds like you've had a busy week. Sorry that you have been sick!
Glad you got some things that were Steve's Dad's.
The party and eggs sounds great!
Glad you got some brand new tires!
Riley's basket sounds adorable! What an awesome Aunt you are!

Amanda said...

Welcome Back! I am glad that you are feeling better. I never really thought about lawnmowers and rocks before. You gave me something to think about! I am looking forward to the pic. of the eggs. I can't quite imagine what they look like, but they sound really cool. Yay for the tires and for getting there safely!

Crystal said...

Hey Jamie, I bet you won't be surprised to know that I knew about the lawn mower and rock danger........SAL!!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

We also have a tire that gets low every couple of days. Luckily we have an air compressor in our car that will inflate tires. I like to drive a car with all new tires. It feels cool.

I can't imagine the eggs either so the pictures will help.

I am not surprised that you had fun with Crystal, she is a trip. A little flaky at times , but if she shows up, she's the best...SM

Riley's basket sounds cute. Take pictures of it for him.

God does provide!

Crystal said...

Okay, so I guess I do need an intervention due to my flakiness.......Hi, My name is Crystal and I am a Flake!