Saturday, December 30, 2006

What a well rounded life I have!!

Tonight I went to the grocery store, came home and made ziti alfredo with grilled chicken (from scratch, even the sauce!!), went down to our basement and laid some carpet tiles in our new theatre room, came upstairs and gave Noah a haircut and then put both kids to bed. I love having so many different things going on. I feel so good about making these yummy homemade meals for for my family that I would normally pay a fortune for at a nice restaurant but it only cost about $6 at home to make and then being able to cut Noah's hair (I learned by always watching and paying close attention when the professionals cut it) and have it look pretty darn nice if I do say so myself which saved my family about $15!! I feel so well rounded!! Just wanted to share!!

4 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

That is awesome Jamie. I wish I knew how to cut hair. I'd save my family a bundle. I would love that meal. It is one of my favorites. I have never made the sauce though. We should get together on a Saturday and make meals for a month and freeze them. I did that once and it was a blast and they were excellent. There is a book that tells you exactly how to do it. Anyway, You go with your rounded self!

Crystal said...

Great Job! I think all the bloggers should get together to cook and freeze meals, that would be so much fun! I admire you for being able to do all that! Now I feel like a slacker!

Jamie said...

That would be so much fun!!! What sorts of things did you make before? I'd have to get an extra small freezer, cause ours is already filled up!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

I am going from memory here but it is things like homemade lasagna, chicken noodle soup, pasta sauces...stuff like that. They have a complete shopping list and they even show you how to do it with another person and split the cost and the food. It is cool. We loved the food much more than I thought we would. It tasted like we had gone out every night.