Monday, February 26, 2007

Normal life

Well today was a bit busy, but a good busy. Abby and I went around town shopping for my Dad's upcoming 50th Birthday party which is this Friday. It's not necessarily a surprise party, but we're not just giving out any of the information to him. When he comes home from work Friday I think he'll know what's going on because of all the decorations!! We're having a sort of Luau theme. We're not really going all out with it, just some cute stuff. I got flower lei headbands and bracelets for me, Abby, my Mom and my sister in law and then the plastic flower leis for everyone who comes. We got some Hawaiian tiki themed plates and napkins and decorations and we're having pork for the meal. Well at a real luau they'd serve a roasted pig and since I think that's really nasty, we'll skip that, we're just having pulled pork sandwiches, pineapple cole slaw, baked beans, chips, tropical fruit kabobs and we'll have hot dogs for those who don't groove on the pulled pork!! I think it's going to be really nice. I hope he feels loved and not sad about being 50!! So anyway, Abby and I did the shopping for that today and we visited my mom and we did some craft shopping and a wee bit of grocery shopping then we picked up Noah and finally came home. I think I'd take that kind of busy any day!! Tonight Mrs. Covert will be picking me up for a trip up to the Children's Place outlet to get us some good deals!! I'm excited about that!! Hopefully I'll get tons for way cheap!! Oh I forgot to mention we're getting coconut cream pies for the party too, yummy!!!! Well I better go make dinner (we're having steaks, yummy!!) so I'll be ready to go when Sonya arrives!! Hasta la Vista weedy!!

3 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh so now you have switched from French words to ....another language.

I thought of another idea for the party. If you do not have time to glue pictures inside the shells, then you could glue stick interesting facts about your dad's life. Wouldn't that be fun to go around and read...like "Jim won his 1st grade spelling bee but lost in the second round with the word "starfish".

I would love to see a picture of all the goodies that you bought with the total price in the post. That would be cool. I might have to do that too.

Steaks do sound good. I am making some tonight.

What did Abbigail say about all her clothes? Was she excited?

You COULD answer my questions on here instead of putting "ok". VERY disappointing I must say. I always comment on yours sister!

Have a fine day and let me know as soon as you hear from Denise.

Lura said...

The party sounds like a lot of fun! Will you guys be making the pineapple coleslaw? I'd like the recipe if you are.

SamandSawyersMom said...

yuck...pineapple coleslaw