Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Today

What's with this crazy weather/school stuff. Last night we found out Noah had a 2 hour delay, so I thought yay, sleep in!! But then I remembered that Abby's school is usually in line with Mason so I watched and waited and of course, she had to go in early in the morning. Noah actually is closed now, so he's home all day which is good for him because it seems like he's always gone anymore, and he loves just being home, free to do whatever. But dadgum, I had to get up and get dressed and dress the girl and fix her hair and bundle us up and freeze in the car all the way down to Mason. Oh well!! Fingers are crossed for tomorrow, because she's off on Wednesdays and maybe just maybe Noah will be too!! I"m hoping for a full on stay in your jammies, don't brush your hair hang out at home day!!! Come on clouds, you can do it!!

So I'm getting really excited for our trip to Paris. We've been doing some serious planning and we're getting our airline tickets this month because we have some credits that expire soon. We've talked to people at church as well as some people online (message boards) about it and it makes me even more excited. We're also trying to learn some French because I took Spanish in school and the man of the house took Russian in college, so we don't even know where to start!! We're hoping to try the Rosetta Stone website, we took the free demo yesterday and it was very good. What we really need to work on is stair climbing because it's I think 379 steps to the top of the bell towers in Notre Dame and I really want to go up there and see the bells and see where Quasimodo lives!! I've been worried about the dining situation because I'm just not into going into places where I have no idea what they're going to be serving me. I know they have tons of fast food places and I would be perfectly happy just going there, but I think others in the traveling party may want to try other options. I found this neat place called Hippopotamus which is sort of their version of a Fridays or something. And they serve traditional american food so I think I will definitely try that, but I'm such a picky eater, I would be terrified to go into a stuffy French restaurant. I'd probably just order french bread and a diet coke!! I do want to try a French ice cream (la glace) because Graeter's is supposed to be like a french ice cream and I'd like to compare them. I think this is going to be a really fun trip. We're doing a lot of work now so that we get there, we'll be well prepared and ready for some parisian fun!!! Plus my kids love the Cars movie and they have a new cars ride opening before we go there and I can't wait to see what that's like. I'm not as worried about the Disneyland portion of our trip as I am the actual Paris portion. OH, a man at our church travels all the time to Europe for his work and knows Paris like the back of his hand told us to be careful just watching commercials there, his example was here in the US an underwear commercial may be considered risque because a woman is running around in only that but there, the commercial is the woman going from nothing and putting the underwear on!! So that's going to be interesting... But anyway, it should be fun so far I know we're visiting the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, the Cathedral de Notre Dame, the Champs-Elysee (which is just a big boulevard with shops and stuff, complete with a Disney store!!) and Disneyland of course. You have no idea how excited I am to just have the pictures of my kids in front of these things!!! Well that's enough babbling for today, I'll let you know when we find our more info!!

6 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Wow this is truly going to be amazing for your family. I would just love to go...well not out of the country but somewhere just as great. I want a sovenir k? Be careful if you do have to drive tomorrow. Love you, bye!

Crystal said...

Wow, I am soooo jealous! Can I have a sovenier too?? I will give you some money for it!!!

Char said...

That is so awesome! I would love to go to Paris. You are one lucky lady! :) Your kids don't know it yet, but they are extremely lucky to have parents that can expose them to other cultures and coutries!
I can't wait to see all your pictures and hear all about it!

SamandSawyersMom said...

yeah me either. especially the french brothels

Char said...

Also, I've heard wonderful things about Rosetta stone! Let me know how it goes!

Crystal said...

Yeah, and I've always wanted to try "French" fries! SAL