Monday, January 8, 2007

The death of a beloved couch


Here's proof of how hard I tried to get this darn couch in. I know it isn't that big of deal, but darn it, I really love this couch (purple is my favorite color and we bought it right after Abby was born), and now we don't really have anywhere to put it. Plus I need to repair all of the damage I've done to it!! I tried to get the arm off and then piece of the back off, but the thing is built to well and I can't get any of them to budge even after I removed all the connecting staples. Something else is holding it together, maybe glue and if I keep pushing it I'm afraid I'll bust the big pieces and then the couch will actually be broken. Our only other option is to remove the window and hoist it up, but I really don't think we'll be interested in going that far. The sad part is, if we had known this was going to be a problem, we could've put it up there before there were walls and everything and just left it up there. Isn't this sad, I'm depressed over a stinkin' couch!!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

I'm sorry to find humor in your pain, but it is quite funny. I feel bad though that your favorite couch didn't fit in your new playroom.....that really stinks.

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh my goodness. I am cracking up. Holy Canal! I feel terrible for you.I am laughing only because it looks so pitiful, that couch.

SamandSawyersMom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SamandSawyersMom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SamandSawyersMom said...

So, what ended up happening?