Sunday, January 21, 2007

Noah's party

Well last night we had Noah's Birthday party!! It was so awesome. We had the biggest turnout ever and it was just a blast. I think everyone had a good time. I know we did!! We played several games to qualify for the piston cup, we ate skyline chili with spaghetti and hot dogs (Noah's favorite), we had cake (and cupcakes), opened presents and then watched the movie on our movie theater screen. It was so awesome. I have so many great pictures thanks to Sonya and Steve!! I remember Friday night when I was up folding more laundry at 11:45pm, my husband asked me why I go to such lengths for these parties and when I saw the pictures, it hit me why. Noah's face says it all to me!!


Jonah, Noah and Sammy completing the pit stop challenge


Sawyer and Steve


Zach having fun


Abby hanging out in the giant pile of tires


Everyone is ready to roll and stack the tires!!


Go Noah!!

Go Sammy!!


Go Aaron!!

Go Julie!!


Go Abby!!

Go Jonah!!


Go Claudia!!

Go Zach!!


Our last challenge the time trial, I hope everyone can race their car to the front door in under 18 minutes!!

Simon is such a cutie!


Yay, everyone qualified for the piston cup!!

Sonya and her baby boy!


Noah is very serious about a good video game!!

The cake (and cupcakes) that I made for the party!!


After all the wonderful gifts he got, Noah yelled out a big "Thank You!!!"

Our theater is full and ready for the movie!!


Let the movie begin!!

9 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

YAY!! I haven't check it all day. I love the pictures.

SamandSawyersMom said...

Please understand everybody that that theater is in their houses!! That is nuts!

Crystal said...

That is the coolest thing I have ever seen! I wanna come for a movie night!

Lura said...

Oh, so many comments from these pictures! I love the little girl in the striped tights. Your house is beautiful. The theater is really cool. Did you get a discount on the 6 recliners? Ha ha. Did you get this idea from one of the decorating shows? I know I saw a theater on one once.

Cheryl said...

3 bonus points

Char said...

That looks like so much fun!! I would love to see your house!
The cake you made is amazing! How did you do it?! You are very talented! Did you make up the games for the party? What were they?
You are the coolest mom ever!!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

wow, Jamie, you have a lot of questions to answer...

Jamie said...

WE had a 20% off coupon on the recliners, I got the idea mainly from Homearama, I bought the Lightning McQueen cake pan and followed their instructions-pretty much and just made some cupcakes with checkered flags stuck in them, I made the games up-they were pit stop challenge where the kids put foam cars together, then tire stacking where they rolled and stacked inflatable tires, and then a time trial where they raced hot wheels. All of the games were "timed" and they had to do them in under so many minutes to qualify for the piston cup. Of course the times for them to beat were ridiculously high (like they had to race their car in under 18 minutes, when it took probably 30 seconds!!) so that they would all qualify!! It was lots of fun!

Lura said...

Get to bloggin girlfriend. It aint over till it's over!