Saturday, January 6, 2007

Whew, I'm tired!!

Well we worked hard today and we now have a fully functioning sink and toilet in the basement (I know have 4 toilets to clean), plus in the playroom I put together a new bookcase and stocked it with books, and a cool air hockey table that Noah got for Christmas. Now I just have a little more toy straightening to do and then we are going to move our big purple couch upstairs to the playroom where it belongs (hopefully we can get it in the door, please pray!!) and the playroom will be done!! Yay, we're starting to get a lot of our big projects done and I'm so excited. With Noah's party only two weeks away, I had hoped we could get it all done and it seems now like we'll do it.

Now, I have to go find some replacement Littlest Pet Shop figures, as our sweet puppy took it upon herself to give some of them an Extreme Makeover! We lost a few limbs and two lost their heads, but hopefully I'll find replacements for them and we'll put them nice and high, so she can't get them anymore. I thought she was past that stage, but apparently not. Oh well..

Well I didn't cook tonight, we had Papa John's pizza...yummy. It was funded by the money I recovered from a little sneaky thief in our home. This morning we went to Target to look for our bookshelf, and we stopped by toys (as usual) and saw that there are some new Star Wars Lego sets. Well we got home and Noah came up to me and said after he saw the new legos, he wanted to get some so he went to his room and got money out of his bank. He then showed me a twenty and a ten dollar bill. I racked my brain for a second to remember where he got so much money and couldn't think of anything, so I asked him and he said he found it. I said where, and he said in a pink bag...that's where I keep my money in my purse!! I said, you went and took money out of my purse!! He gave me a little grin and shook his head yes. I asked him when he did it and he couldn't remember, but said it was longer than 10 days ago!!! I just told him that that was technically stealing and how God doesn't like that, and how that was our family money for food and gas and stuff and he said he was sorry. I didn't feel like it deserved a big punishment, because I think he was honestly being innocent about it and just thought he had found some money and would save it for a rainy day. He's usually such a good boy and I don't think we're being having this problem again. I thought it was really funny actually!!

So those are my woes for the day, I'm living with a couple of crazies!! Now I need a snack!!

6 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh my goodness that is funny. My mouth was wide open reading that. He is so cute. As long as you didn't give him the money, I think he learned the lesson. Look behind your fancy blender and you will find money too, just not that much.

Crystal said...

I think you are right that he didn't need a big punishment...it does sound like it was pretty innocent. That reminds me of a story about when my son Cameron was 5 years old. We went to Big Lots to buy a few things and when we were walking thru the parking lot back to the car, two candy bars fell out of his coat pocket!!! He had stolen them from the store. I was shocked and I knew that I needed to scare him in order for him to learn that stealing from a store was wrong so I marched him back in the store and had him go up to the manager and give her the candy bars and apologize for taking them. He was crying his eyes out. The lady was being kind of sweet to him about it so I motioned to her to scare him and be stern so she did. That night Santa claus was supposed to come so I told Cameron I was going to call Santa and cancel Christmas. Needless to say, Santa didn't come that night, he came a week later on New years Eve. I had to be harsh on him so it would never be a problem again and it hasn't.

Jamie said...

You crazy lady...when did you put the money there? We are totally confused, because neither of us saw you even go over there...darn you!!

Jamie said...

Wow, Crystal that is harsh, I don't think I could ever take Christmas away, you are much stronger than I am!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

Wow, I definitely think that marching him in was the right thing but that is where my punishment would end. If he was crying his eyes out when the woman talked to him, that was proof he got it. I wouldn't take Christmas away either unless he was much older and it was drugs or horrible behavior.

Crystal said...

I just didn't feel that it was appropriate to have gifts and rewards so soon after the incident. It was very hard to do, I was sick about it.