Sunday, January 7, 2007

Please DO NOT pass the mustard!!

Well today we went to church and because the staffing situation was a problem, we got stuck in the nursery taking care of babies for both services. Usually, we only work one service, but today was two. For those who don't know, we're "coordinators" of the nursery a long with one elder named Jon and a lady named Kendra. Basically that just means were always in there every week and we help with any problems that arise. The other nursery volunteers switch off every month. So in the first service, we had a Mom bring her baby in mid-way through and said she was being too loud in the sanctuary, could we watch her the rest of the time. Well of course we could, she was so cute dressed in a really beautiful skirt, with tights and little patent leather shoes. Well Jon was rocking her in the chair next to mine and I look over and it looks as if a giant bottle of mustard has just exploded all over Jon!! I was like Oh Jon, You've got a huge problem!! She had a huge diaper blow out, that soaked through her tights all over Jon, all over the floor, the chair her skirt and shoes..everything!! Luckily it didn't really smell at all, it was just a huge mess. Poor Jon had to go home and change his clothes, luckily he lives close to the church!! Even after having two kids, I have never seen a mess like that before!! It definitely added some excitement to our day!! I hope everyone else's Sunday wasn't quite so messy!!

We also tried to get our big purple couch into the playroom and so far have not been successful. I even hammered off the feet and still no luck. It's now sitting in our hallway upstairs and maybe tomorrow we'll give it one more try, please pray for us. It's so important because when were building this house, I designed the whole playroom around this couch. All the colors and furniture placement were with this couch in mind. I spent a lot of time on a wall mural of sorts and everything. I am desperate to get this couch in...hopefully tomorrow!!

Well, tomorrow and Tuesday I'll be caring for Riley, so don't expect much posting (Sonya). I'll definitely be back Wednesday!!

8 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh I do not envy your nursery experience. I feel horrible about the couch. I am just like that. I would be so upset too. Keep thinking different angles. It will happen! You are not off the hook Monday or Tuesday. You have all evening too ya know? How about just a pic of the 3 kids together huh? I am not promising that oyu will not get new songs...I am just not promising.

Crystal said...

slather the couch in butter to get the sucker in there!

SamandSawyersMom said...

I assume you have taken the door off the door already? We do that everytime we take something downstairs.

Crystal said...

I wanna see pictures of all the new stuff you are doing to your house! It sounds very nice.

Jamie said...

Yeah, we took the door off, and we've tried again this morning and it looks like it just ain't happening. We've made marks in the ceiling and broken pieces off the wood moulding around the door and we still can't even get a whole arm in the door. We flipped it every which way and the ceiling is just a few inches too short and the angle is just a little off to get it in. I don't know what else we can do. We've spent over 2 hours working on it...boo hoo...i'm so sad!!

Crystal said...

That really stinks......I am sorry.

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh my. Let me think.....Is there anything you can take off, like an arm and sew that fabric back on? Oh I know, Isn't the fabric put on in the back with a stapler? Can't you carefully undo the staples and pull the fabric off enough to take a piece of the wood off the couch, just until you get it in and then hammer that piece back into place? I would be sad too. I hate that stuff. You guys built that house can't you take it back apart...partially??

SamandSawyersMom said...

If the ceiling is only a couple of inches too close, would it help to pull up the carpet and padding in the doorway so it might fit? Just a suggestion....Okay I'll quit now.