Monday, January 22, 2007

Noah's first Basketball Game

Noah is in the Upward Basketball League at our church this year. It is absolutely the best thing I have ever seen. Noah has played several other sports and this one takes the cake, and I am not usually a basketball fan at all!! They are very fair and let's just have fun oriented, but also very Christian centered. Every practice stops halfway through for devotion time. They always pray before they play and everyone is just so positive and upbeat. For everygame they turn off the lights, blow some fog from a machine, play music, shine a spotlight and announce every player and cheerleaders name. It is just so cool. They give out 5 stars everygame for different things and this game Noah got the best effort because they just rave about Noah's attitude and his willingness to go out there and try his best. He's not the best player on the team, but he's always smiling, cheering and doing whatever is asked of him and that means so much more to me than best offense or best defense. I always was so uncomfortable playing sports because I was so afraid I'd mess up and everyone would laugh at me, so I tried to avoid them as much as possible, but I am so relieved that my son is completely opposite. He loves it!! Now I only hope Abby is the same as him, so far she's headed in that direction. The pictures came out a bit dark and blurry for some reason, maybe the next game will be better, but here's some.


This was when they announced Noah's name, I know it's really dark, but he's number 14 and if you zoom in you can see him


Noah playing hard

Yay, 2 more points!!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

That is so cool that it is a Christian centered team.......not seen often. Great pictures!

SamandSawyersMom said...

I got a little teary eyed reading about the fog and reading their names. That is awesome. One more year till Sammy can be in it. We have always known that we would put him in that league. They have it at all the churches around us too. Ya know I saw someone in Willard with an UPWARD basketball shirt in Jerry's. It must be everywhere!

Crystal said...

I'd love to get Dawson into it, is there one around here??

SamandSawyersMom said...

yeah, every church does it just about. i bet the one by you does too.