Friday, January 5, 2007

Friday

Well, today is Friday and I'm REALLY looking forward to the weekend. It's been a long week for sure, more than I'd care to share here. My baby boy's Birthday is coming up quick, he's going to be 7!!!! I remember when I was pregnant with him, I thought to myself that I knew I could be a good Mommy to a baby, but I wasn't so sure about a 7 year old. Well now it's almost here and I guess I'll be puttin g myself to the test!!! This blog ac tually helps with my Mommy self-esteem because when I scroll down it and see all the great things we do for our kids, I feel like "hey, maybe I'm not so bad after all!!!"

I read on another blog, that somdeone was trying to faithfully read God's word everyday, and as someone who has struggled with that, I guess I find that's my main "resolution" this year. I found this great daily organizer at the Family Chrisitian Store for 5 bucks after Thanksgiving and it's awesome. It has daily scripture reading (to complete the Bible in a year), plus added verses to inspire. I love it so much and have so far been very faithful in my reading. I use the women of faith study bible, and I love all the little extras they add in the margins. It really helps explain things and put them more into perspective. I just love how great I feel after a good dose of The Word!!

Well I'll try to ramble more lately, although I should probably wait for a few more renditions of Jamie please post first!! Time to change Riley's diaper!!

8 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Yay!!! You may have to worry about a lot of things but being a fantastic mom is not one of them. I persoanlly think that your resolutions should have included blogging 3 times a day but hey, that's just me. If you EVER need to talk about your bad day,I am only 2 phone calls away. I rarely get to it on the first ring but everyone knows to call directly back then I am all yours. Thanks for not making me think of another song to do on here about your lack of posting!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

SUNG TO THE TUNE OF "DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR?"..................................

Do you hear what I hear? A POST A POST WANTING TO COME OUT SO THAT WE CAN ALL HEAR FROM YOU, SO WE CAN ALL HEAR FROM YOU

Jamie said...

It's still Friday, so the post still fits!!

Crystal said...

LOL Sonya, you kill me!

SamandSawyersMom said...

Crystal , is that a lol I see? No lol's!

SamandSawyersMom said...

Jamie, that was so sweet of you to say that you wanted to meet Crystal cause she wanted to and I didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable...I will set it up. I told her a few nights ago about your mansion and that all the parties needed to happen there. We will have to meet somewhere or come to your house...hey it's the big house...I can't help that.

Jamie said...

The big house??? You mean like the slammer, the pokey, the can, the joint, the clink, the penn....I mean sometimes I feel confined, but the warden does let me out for good behavior!!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

You have done lost your mind! Why is it that you know so many words for prisons...hmmm??