Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Disney



Nothing exciting is going on right now, so I thought I'd just ramble on about Disney for awhile!! We fell in love with Walt Disney World on our first trip in November of 2002. Abby was only 8 weeks old then and Noah was 2 months shy of being 3. Noah was the only one who really reacted to the parks for the first few visits, but his excitement and joy was enough to bring us back over and over. We loved how the park is so much more family oriented rather than here's the kiddie area and here's the adult area. With the exception of a few "thrill" rides, everyone can ride together and I loved that about it. Even when Abby was an infant, we could all ride lots of the rides together, so that neither Mommy or Daddy missed a thing. When they wiggled and jumped around while waiting to meet their favorite character, I couldn 't have been more thrilled. We're hooked!! Our children will only be young enough to experience the "magic" of Disney parks for a very short while and I don't want to miss a minute of it. I couldn't wait until Abby was old enough to join Noah in the sprint to Mickey's wide open arms and when it happened, I just beamed!! After a trip, we're planning the next trip. It just never gets old. I truly feel that these memories will last forever with them and hopefully it's something they'll share with their children. We've now been to both Walt Disney World in Florida (7 times) and Disneyland in California (once) and both were equally enjoyable. Next we're hoping to venture out into other areas and other lands to visit more parks and are planning a trip to Paris this coming October. I love that we can visit another Disney park, but also see great landmarks and beautiful countries as well. The world is so big and I hope to share a lot of it with my children before they're on their own. And now it just seems fitting that we stay with areas that have Disney parks, so we know they'll be something there they enjoy. What's after that?? who knows, maybe a cruise, maybe Tokyo or maybe even Hong Kong!!! All I know is nothing compares to their shear enjoyment I see in my kids eyes when they find out we're going back to Disney, it's priceless!!!!

6 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Very well said. I agree that it is truly magical and the children are just in awe the entire trip. Can I squeeze in your carry on...uh full size luggage when you go to Paris? We are taking the kids on a cruise after our next Disney trip.

SamandSawyersMom said...

Um, Someone you married is in that teapot, did you not realize that???

Crystal said...

My luck, we'd plan a trip to Disney and Daws would still beg to go home! LOL

SamandSawyersMom said...

Poting time is here again, here again, here again...everybody now.

SamandSawyersMom said...

Sung to the tune of Kung Foo Fighting. Jamie needs post her butt off. Jamie needs to do as fast as lightening.

SamandSawyersMom said...

Sung to the tune of Jesus loves me. Jamie loves me this I hope, even though she never posts. I wish jamie would post real soon, then I can stop acting like a LOON. Yes, Jamie needs to post, Yes, Jamie, needs to post......